• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bud Black back with the Angels in FO role

bloodbrother

Hollyw00d, on 18 Nov 2015 - 2:42 PM, said:snapback.png

How come Fletcher doesn't post here anymore.

Ever since the dipocalypse, he's disappeared

acting as the board's reality cop probably wore him out.  

Quite frankly, if it weren't the OCR's goal to increase their presence in other forms information sources using the internet, if I were him I wouldn't give a crap what we think on here.  We just happen to be one of many concentrations spots of Angels fans, not many of which get their Angels information off an internet fan site.

Edited by tomsred

Maybe Fletch left because he realized we already knew too much.

Didn't want to be suspected of giving us inside information.

That will be the day, we don't know as much as we think we know.  And further to that, I don't think we will get as much as we used to get when Dipoto was here.  I think it's pretty apparent that Eppler and Scioscia are not going to handle things publicly, we're going to see the result of their effort and discussion only.

To your second point, the mere fact that Fletcher has information that's confidential or "inside information" means that it is no longer so, because of freedom of the press, a constitutional right.  He can rightfully choose to disclose what he wants, and even in some cases is obligated to do so if he knows it's not true.

Somebody probably saw him walk into Eppler's office, and couldn't contain themselves, LOL.

The need to get credit for breaking news is getting rediculous.  A few days after the Simmons trade I buzzed by an article on the web that summarized the whole story, and then under it was about five different reporter names who broke different elements of the story initially.  I thought, is someone keeping track of how many of these little stars you get, and does your salary go up when you get a certain number? 

Edited by tomsred

Poor Bud.

He the new Nats manager, no he isn't.

He's in the Angels FO, no he isn't.

Maybe he has a body double.  Or maybe someone who isn't familiar with him was expecting a person of color, that would explain why the Nationals hired Baker, LOL.  You would think that Texas might interview him for pitching coach.  Then again I've lived in Dallas, I know I wouldn't do it again.

Edited by tomsred

How could the Dodgers possibly pass on Bud Black AND Ron Roenicke???

really dumb on the part of the Dodgers.........

meanwhile - it will be interesting to see how the Washington Nats fare this season -- I thought they had made a brilliant move in extending a managerial offer to Bud Black. Oh well.

bud black really didn't distinguish himself as a manager in san diego. granted, he had bad teams, but he failed to deliver in his responsibilities as well. he was quite good in maintaining an even keel, but his in game moves left a lot to be desired. i think he's a better fit up in a FO, he strikes me as a suit, but he has a lot to learn still, which is why i was surprised so many were clamoring for him to be our next GM.