• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Klentak new phillies gm

Dipoto cleared out 90% of Reagins team and I'm sure that Eppler will want to clear out what Dipoto started. We need to sit back and let Eppler begin his own plan. The talk of win now with players like Zobrist, Brown and Price is amusing. Eppler has a lot of house cleaning to take care of the next two seasons. I think Eppler will be thinking long term instead of adding more salary just to keep the fans happy. Building a winner takes time and the Aybar's, Scioscia's, Weaver's, Wilson's and or even Pujols' (buyout) might not be part of the plan.

It appears that top baseball minds around the country, the people that do this for a living and hire and fire top level executives..  don't blame the Dipoto led front office, for the Angels ineptitude on the field, like the Scioscia nutswingers  (Jerry haters) around here do.

TWO of them hired away, before the season is even finished, to GM positions, and another to be a major league manager.

Impressive graduating class, I'd say.

People that know, know where the REAL problems with the organization lie.

But Arte can't fire himself, and he won't part with his beloved Catorce...

So I guess Angels fans are stuck with them for another few years.  

It appears that top baseball minds around the country, the people that do this for a living and hire and fire top level executives.. don't blame the Dipoto led front office, for the Angels ineptitude on the field, like the Scioscia nutswingers (Jerry haters) around here do.

TWO of them hired away, before the season is even finished, to GM positions, and another to be a major league manager.

Impressive graduating class, I'd say.

People that know, know where the REAL problems with the organization lie.

But Arte can't fire himself, and he won't part with his beloved Catorce...

So I guess Angels fans are stuck with them for another few years.

Who are the Jerry Haters?

Edited for HB (because I'm an actual idiot)

Edited by Stradling

HB I highly doubt you can possibly enlighten me. I'm a grown up with my own opinions that are pretty damn consistent. I don't look at situations and say "good guy, bad guy". I don't need to place blame on any one individual. I think Jerry, Arte and Mike have all made errors in judgement.

Dipoto cleared out 90% of Reagins team and I'm sure that Eppler will want to clear out what Dipoto started. We need to sit back and let Eppler begin his own plan. The talk of win now with players like Zobrist, Brown and Price is amusing. Eppler has a lot of house cleaning to take care of the next two seasons. I think Eppler will be thinking long term instead of adding more salary just to keep the fans happy. Building a winner takes time and the Aybar's, Scioscia's, Weaver's, Wilson's and or even Pujols' (buyout) might not be part of the plan.

Respectfully if the Angels waste even one more season of Mike Trout's contract everyone should go including Arte Moreno. They have the core of a good product on the field already and this offseason can improve that core significantly.

Homebrewer, who are these insiders that have told you what the "real" problems are in the organization ? You should ask them for a shot at one of the new openings since you have such an intimate relationship with them.

I don't like to drop names, it's so pedestrian and middle class, don't you agree? They consult me on certain matters, but I had them sign a confidentiality agreement. I prefer to do my work behind the curtain, so to speak. I'm not interested in money, titles, or glory, just doing the right thing is enough for me.

Edited by Homebrewer

Klentak worked for Andy MacPhail while MacPhail was running the Orioles.

The Phillies will name Matt Klentak as their next general manager, according to multiple reports.

The Boston Globe first reported the news on Saturday afternoon.

Klentak, 35, was long viewed as a frontrunner to land the position given his close ties to new Phillies president Andy MacPhail. Klentak was MacPhail's protege with the Baltimore Orioles, becoming the team's director of baseball operations in 2008 at the mere age of 27.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Report-Klentak-to-be-named-Phillies-GM.html#KXW79IBlIugg4zIV.99

This was a given considering Klentak's history with MacPhail. 

I'm really bummed to see him leave.

edit: corrected the typo.

Edited by failos