• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Klentak new phillies gm

Respectfully if the Angels waste even one more season of Mike Trout's contract everyone should go including Arte Moreno. They have the core of a good product on the field already and this offseason can improve that core significantly.

They have time to build a team around Trout. Eppler must first remove some of the crap that surrounds him now.

That would be who are the Jerry haters, not who's..

You know who they are, and they know who they are.

I don't hate Jerry, but I admit I cant stand the Jerry "Beliebers" who blind themselves to his faults and like you have done recently, lie about his actual track record.   

With Jerry it was all about potential, a belief he was building something that would eventuallu bear fruit....because his track actual record was spotty, and downright bad in some areas.  Dipoto was IMO shielded from criticism because of the presence of Mike Scioscia, who is the OG target for hate in these parts and benefited from having Arte around both to spend a lot of money and take the blame when it didn't work out.  

When it's all said and done, the MLB team is no better and possibly worse now than when Jerry took over.  The farm system is still bad; instead of having Mike Trout and some interesting bats it's got Newcomb and some interesting arms... some believe there is greater value in those arms but a team with glaring holes in multiple spots and no in house answers is less than ideal.  The bullpen is still a joke and the team has more question marks position player wise than it has in a long, long time.  There is no doubt in my mind that had Jerry been given his own manager the perception of him would be much different, and by different I mean more realistic and less idealistic.  This is where you "Beliebers" all pretend that his guy would have been able to make AP hit well, and the four horseman of bad pitching all would have panned out...  Pretending is fun.

The one thing that hasn't changed is that the "Beliebers" still look for things to praise their idol for.  Looking forward to seeing you guys at the stadium holding up your "Marry Me" signs when the M's come to town next year.

Respectfully if the Angels waste even one more season of Mike Trout's contract everyone should go including Arte Moreno. They have the core of a good product on the field already and this offseason can improve that core significantly.

What if Trout really likes Moreno and Scioscia? Then your plan is a sure fire way to get him to walk.

So after all those claims Dipoto would never land another job, not only did he do it at the first practical opportunity - the two people working under him both landed better jobs in the same offseason. That has to tell me other teams believed in our previous regime pretty strongly.

Sad to see Klentak go but it's all opening up to give Eppler a chance to make the front office his to the greatest extent that he can, given we both know there's going to be a strong influence from at least one (and probably two) other people.

I don't believe there were "all those claims", I think it was more like one claim, that Jerry wouldn't land another job.  And couldn't it have been true that Servais really likes Jerry and would follow him anywhere, and be totally loyal to him, I think so.  And Klentak has always been a favorite in the East, and has worked with McPhail.

Every GM has to have people who are loyalists, and who he can trust to assist and support him properly.  I'm glad to see that Eppler will have that chance to insert those individuals.  It's distracting, but it comes at a good time to find new people for the front office.

What if Trout really likes Moreno and Scioscia? Then your plan is a sure fire way to get him to walk.

Notti whether Trout likes or dislikes them has nothing to do with wasting a year of his production. The team can improve now and it should it really is that simple. I hope he stays the rest of his career but tossing a year or two (or more) off on a rebuild/retool is wasting a prime opportunity this offseason to spend money and make a couple of key trades to really improve the team and give us yet another chance to win a Division title plus more.

They have time to build a team around Trout. Eppler must first remove some of the crap that surrounds him now.

Of course they have five years of Trout guaranteed but the point is that they can spend money NOW and field a very competitive team next year thus not wasting any of Mike Trout's contractual years on the team and maximizing their chances to win in 2016, not 2017 or beyond.

Anything less than Arte going all in this offseason will be a waste. More importantly going all in this offseason will allow the Angels to build a nearly full team of players with control through most or all of Trout's contractual years.

Quite a drop from GM to a base coach.

It's even more of a drop for a high profile executive like Amaro. Good on him for putting his ego aside and taking a more humbler position, though. 

I don't believe there were "all those claims", I think it was more like one claim, that Jerry wouldn't land another job. And couldn't it have been true that Servais really likes Jerry and would follow him anywhere, and be totally loyal to him, I think so. And Klentak has always been a favorite in the East, and has worked with McPhail.

Every GM has to have people who are loyalists, and who he can trust to assist and support him properly. I'm glad to see that Eppler will have that chance to insert those individuals. It's distracting, but it comes at a good time to find new people for the front office.

I did not think he would have gotten another job this year. I went on the record that I felt he would have another shot down the road. I am happy for JD that I was wrong. I am even happier for those on AW can call me out on it. Now let's see if all theselse talented young men do as well as you guys expect. Personally I thought JD was doing a good job for the Angels and have no doubt he will do a good job for the Ms.