• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Klentak new phillies gm

In all fairness, the Phillies played something like .500 baseball after the ASB.

That is something to start with.    Not many vets remain though, who could fetch much in trades.

As for the Halos, the payroll frees up a lot more after each of the next 2 seasons ($31 million per between Weave and Wilson and $25 million per for Hamilton). 

Two seasons (2016/2017) going over the threshold should not mean too much extra in tax paid by Arte.

Just be smart who you sign/trade for this off-season.

Klentak made an interesting comment on MLB radio this morning.  He said that he believes the phills can win again soon and that he wouldn't left 'mike trout in his prime' unless he believed that.  

Never really thought about how big of a draw Trout is even for front office personnel.  

Klentak made an interesting comment on MLB radio this morning.  He said that he believes the phills can win again soon and that he wouldn't left 'mike trout in his prime' unless he believed that.  

Never really thought about how big of a draw Trout is even for front office personnel.  

Notice he didn't say "left Artie" or "left Scioscia."

Notice he didn't say "left Artie" or "left Scioscia."

that's kinda my point.  

I'd don't think I have ever heard a GM single out a player/coach/manager/executive/owner from their previous team when moving on to another job.  They usually keep it pretty generic.  

Seriously, they can never let Trout leave this franchise.  

that's kinda my point.

I'd don't think I have ever heard a GM single out a player/coach/manager/executive/owner from their previous team when moving on to another job. They usually keep it pretty generic.

Seriously, they can never let Trout leave this franchise.

Which is why I advocate in the Primer that if the Angels have any sliver of a belief Mike Trout is willing to stay that they cannot spend more than $60MM-70MM this offseason because they will need the extra $20MM in long term payroll to give him a massive extension.

And when I say massive we are talking a 12 year, $400MM-500MM payday. If you think that's nuts you'll think I'm even crazier when I say that it is MORE than worth it.

Given the crazy increase in superstar, and even solid, player salaries the past several years, it's not farfetched to see Trout get at least a $35 million AAV contract after 2020.   

The only question will be, is it worth it to pay him some $35-$40 million/year in his age 36-40 seasons?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Which is why I advocate in the Primer that if the Angels have any sliver of a belief Mike Trout is willing to stay that they cannot spend more than $60MM-70MM this offseason because they will need the extra $20MM in long term payroll to give him a massive extension.

And when I say massive we are talking a 12 year, $400MM-500MM payday. If you think that's nuts you'll think I'm even crazier when I say that it is MORE than worth it.

They can spend whatever they want this offseason, but it has to expire at the end of 2020.  

Deals of 4 years or less shouldn't be a problem to make this team better.  

They can spend whatever they want this offseason, but it has to expire at the end of 2020.

Deals of 4 years or less shouldn't be a problem to make this team better.

Which is the primary underlying driver of the Primer series. Probably should have had you proofread again? :) We're on the same page.