• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why not Cespedes?

19HALO71

Puig is 24 and apparently a club house cancer. Sounds like a good fit in my books.

I'd still take him over the outrageous money for the likes of Cepedes or Hayward.

Although, I don't see the Dodgers wanting to trade him. Dodgers will be trading one of their outfielders.

Maybe Pujols could mentor Puig?

AO Fowler scares the crude out of me! A career .260 NL hitter who averages 8 bombs a year (this year in Chicago where the Wrigley wind blows he hit 17 a career high) that has had 100+ k's every year with a bump this year to 150 K's....He's been playing in Big expansive outfield parks in Colorado and Houston with its weird dimensions and this year his OBP dropped in Chicago which is a bit smaller yard. I wouldn't mind having him but at 5/75M is Crazy money! He just maxed out at 9.5M for a career high pay day if you offered him an AVG. of 10-12M per 3-4year deal should more than get it done if we were leaning on a Fowler deal and moving him to left and hit leadoff.

He also hit 11 of his 17 bombs in Wrigley.....Which the difference of 6 is closer to his career average of 8.....

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Guess who has less money to spend when he blows it on crappy players?

Is it Arte? Did I win?

I know Arte operates under some form of "budget", whatever that may be. But if he considers Cespedes to be "the right guy", he's going to get him. And I don't think he's going to blow his wad on one player without concern for the other needs of the team. Arte will spend money this year.

Not a fan of Cespedes' free swinging mentality. Especiallt during his last playoff games where hes basically swinging himself out by going for balls. We have enough of that on the team already.

We do. But what we don't have enough of is good hitters.

He's not going to walk and he's going to K a lot, which is why Cespedes shouldn't just be a one-and-done deal. The Angels need a guy at the top of the lineup who can take walks and get on base.