• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why not Cespedes?

19HALO71

Honestly for me that's the frustrating part of Albert, he seems to have regressed not just physically but in his approach.

I don't know for sure, but I think the biggest issue with Albert is health, something that's hard to correct.  When healthy he is terrific, offensively and defensively.  He's pushing a lot of leg problems, and its killing his game. right now.

By watching him play balls like Jose Conseco.

rnvgrv.gif

Give the dude a break. It was his first world series and some guys will get too amped and get rattled.

Cespedes seems like a big time clutch player, don't forget he was one of the key guys that got NY to the world series. Maybe he wasn't ready for the moment yet

Why not just keep Alvarez as the main lefty in the pen? He pitched great against LHB this year. Also he can be an emergency starter.

In the particular scenario I speak about in an upcoming Primer the potential team we would trade with would likely ask for a controllable lefty bullpen or even starter piece so that is why I suggest Alvarez tdawg. Any trade scenarios will take a lot to "line up" or for the stars to align so any of my ideas are a long shot so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. In terms of versatility between the bullpen and rotation I absolutely agree with you especially the 5 years of team control we have over him.

You have to give to get though and the particular trade I envision brings us back a long term piece as well so....

Why not just keep Alvarez as the main lefty in the pen? He pitched great against LHB this year. Also he can be an emergency starter.

And Alvarez is under club control until 2021

Lou, tdawg,

One of the underlying principles of the Primer series is that the Angels should focus this offseason (whether we spend big or not) on obtaining pieces under long term control (4+ years preferably 5).

Additionally if we can trade for a position of need or for a single, more gifted, player it is acceptable in my mind to trade more than one of our long term controllable players in return.

The reality is that we have trade assets but they are more "quantity" than "quality" types. If the Angels do make trades this offseason it seems likely we'd send one or more Jose Alvarez types (cost controlled players/prospects) in return for one or more of the same type of players/prospects to fill an area of need or for one better quality player.

Both of your responses indicate the same way I feel about Alvarez and that he has some value which he obviously does. Other teams see that too and if we can get back another need in return he may be traded. I see a scenario where that could happen and I'll talk about it and you can decide if I'm off my rocker. :D