• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dollar Shave Club - why bother?

yk9001

I've only ever used Gillette razers.  Mach 2 I think was revolutionary 25 years ago when I started shaving.  I think I'm now using a Mach 3.  I used to shave every day.  I periodically grow a beard about twice a year for a month or three.  When not sporting a beard, I shave three times a week.

https://dollarbeardclub.com/

I get the DSC 4-blade deal. $6 every two months for 4 cartridges.  I use a cartridge for 2 weeks, about 6 shaves.  I think the 4-blade razor is of better quality than the 2-blade they offer, and equal in quality to Gillette or another store-bought brand. Set up your order once, and not have to think about it again.

The Costco 3-blade disposable 26-pack is a good price though!

I grow pretty tough facial hair, but I can only shave after I let it grow out a few days, so like twice a week.

My skin, especially my neck, gets all effed up if I shave when the stubble is too short.

I have been using a safety razor and soap/brush for a couple years and it has literally saved me hundreds of dollars.

An $8 pad of soap from the local hipster store lasts over a year, and a $5 10-pack of blades from CVS lasts for months.

I shave every day and use the mach 5 for a couple of weeks.

I'll be flat honest, I haven't bought razor blades in a decade or two. My wife picks them up at Costco, and I have no clue how much they cost. To me, shaving is a non-event, something I do every morning for three minutes before work. Shave Club commercials make it sound like the Shave Club is a life changing event. I guess I need to think about my shaving habits more.

The first one basically did what streaming did to the music industry and CDs.

People were paying x amount for the cartridges, a company comes along and buys in bulk from a distributor to lower it to x with a business model. Kudos to them, they make bank and now have a ton of copy cats like whatever that Gothic blade is.

The normal blade companies basically were in cahoots to inflate prices and they blew that up. You know it works because now Gillette is offering the same type of club program so that the in store $16 blades are magically now $6 a month.

It worked and they greatly affected the big boys profit margins.

I've only ever used Gillette razers. Mach 2 I think was revolutionary 25 years ago when I started shaving. I think I'm now using a Mach 3. I used to shave every day. I periodically grow a beard about twice a year for a month or three. When not sporting a beard, I shave three times a week.

https://dollarbeardclub.com/

I'm a couple months in, not quite that dudes length but probably not far off. I can't do the hipster mustache thing but being of Russian descent I grow a pretty mean and full beard.

It started as a playoff beard and kept going. Now it's to the point of needing up keep and a boar brush. I honestly don't know how the pro beard guys do it.

Don't bother with razors.  Spray some white lithium grease onto the blades of your paper shredder while it's running.  The propellant from the can will be sure to ignite from the electric motor spark and all of your facial hair will be gone in about 0.2 seconds. 

I know this from experience, unfortunately

I joined dollar shave club a few months ago. Had to upgrade from the mid-range to the high end blade. I joined because the blades are much cheaper. I figure I will save $60 a year. Not a ton of money, but every bit helps.

I can only get two weeks out of the five-razor blades, and my skin is burning at the end of that two weeks. I probably shave four or five times per week.

I use a stubble trimmer from Norelco, so I almost never shave. 

But if I ever have to shave, I use a Merkur DE razor (Feather blades) and a boar brush. 

I change the razor after 2 shaves, but I'm a very particular person. 

Edited by failos

The reason I started this thread was that I don't put any time into thinking about my razor - I assumed most guys were like that.  It be like someone asking me, "what type of flour does your house use for baking?" or "What type of lightbulbs do you buy?" or "What brand colored socks do you wear with your suit?"

Learn something new every day.

The reason I started this thread was that I don't put any time into thinking about my razor - I assumed most guys were like that.  It be like someone asking me, "what type of flour does your house use for baking?" or "What type of lightbulbs do you buy?" or "What brand colored socks do you wear with your suit?"

Learn something new every day.

The reason we sign up for the shave club is so we don't ever have to think about razors. They just come every month