• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WEAVER PITCHING ON THE ROAD DEFIES LOGIC

NrM

Poozy I get the frustration but until we score a single run then it doesn't matter who started. Also show me a team that has playoff aspirations that move pitchers around in the rotation to pitch them only when they are at home.

When you know your SP is going to give up 4+ runs before the game even starts on top of having to face the Astros ace.

They never stood a chance..

Edited by Poozy

Poozy I get the frustration but until we score a single run then it doesn't matter who started. Also show me a team that has playoff aspirations that move pitchers around in the rotation to pitch them only when they are at home.

I don't agree with this line of thinking. The offense isn't exactly going to feel motivated against one of the best pitchers in the game when their own pitcher shits the bed and puts them in a huge hole early on.

You gotta keep it close and give your team a shot.

2015 ERA (before tonight):

2.87 in 10 home starts

6.21 in 13 home starts

Your assertion and complaint are borne out by statistics.

maybe it's just a fluke though right?

oh wait 

2014:

2.68 Home

4.70 Road

Career

2.67 Home

4.12 Road

Edited by Poozy

Remember all that starting pitcher depth we talked about having, and Dipoto sacrificing offense for extra starters - where are they now?

You always try to place the blame on Dipoto.

Dipoto did fine with the resources he had available. He was handicapped from the very beginning.

Edited by Poozy

You always try to place the blame on Dipoto.

Dipoto did fine with the resources he had available. He was handicapped from the very beginning.

he's not actually criticizing dipoto in that post. he's saying the pitching was an illusion. i said the same thing all year, but the present is the only thing that matters.

I don't agree with this line of thinking. The offense isn't exactly going to feel motivated against one of the best pitchers in the game when their own pitcher shits the bed and puts them in a huge hole early on.

You gotta keep it close and give your team a shot.

To add on to this thought, it's not so much about motivation as it is about change in approach. If you're playing a game from behind, you're more likely to expand the zone and attempt to hit 5 run home runs instead of going for simple base hits, sac flies etc. that might result in a much higher probability of scoring one or two runs.