• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So about Obama being a Muslim...

How many Christians actually go to church every Sunday?

I think Obama isn't religious and he just gave mouth-service to Christianity to get elected.

I agree that Barry likely isn't religious at all anymore.

We usually go to church every week. We miss a few but not very many. Same with most of the people at my church.

Actually Kurt says he's Christian. But using the same logic you applied earlier, he can be a Muslim for all you know.

True, I have no way of knowing what is in Kurt's heart.

So it's completely pointless for me to speculate on what Kurt believes in.

If he says he's a Christian I'll just take his word for it because I see no reason why he would lie about it.

Weird how the simplest concepts are so difficult to understand for some people.

Obviously somebody cares or it wouldn't keep coming up. Because a Muslim can't be trusted in a war against Muslim extremism. Just like those sneaky Japs had to be interned during WWII, even though they claimed to be real Americans. Obama and all his kind should be locked up until we win this war.

True, I have no way of knowing what is in Kurt's heart.

So it's completely pointless for me to speculate on what Kurt believes in.

If he says he's a Christian I'll just take his word for it because I see no reason why he would lie about it.

Weird how the simplest concepts are so difficult to understand for some people.

And yet you assumed that Kurt "denies God" because he leans more to the left. What a great simple concept that was.

And yet you assumed that Kurt "denies God" because he leans more to the left. What a great simple concept that was.

Statistically speaking, people who vote Dem are less religious. Of course, ideological leftists are mostly atheist because, well, leftism is at odds with belief. 

However, generalizations, as we've mentioned, are just that and nobody should be argued with about their own personal beliefs. I believe Kurt or anybody else here is what he says he is. Unless I know otherwise, and I have no doubt that I will never- nor want to -prove otherwise, if Kurt says he's a woman, I'll take his word as well. 

We speculate about Obama because it's pretty obvious that Obama is a liar.

It does matter to me what Obama is because what he believes guides policy and it matters to me when judging candidates because ideology predicts behavior. 

For example, Trump is probably not religious and Ben Carson is. I can trust Carson to follow certain policies and I can't with Trump. 

Here's something I found on a post discussing why Obama goes out of his way to offend the Pope and not Castro. I found it very interesting. His ideology explains his behavior. It would not make sense otherwise. 

Disclaimer: Generalizations ahead. Also, the liberals here might not know that what they believe has a source. You might think of Obama as a person who just cares about the poor. 

By the way, the explanation below also explains the phenomenon of Western leftists in the US (Obama and the home made clock boy) and Europe supporting Islamists. 

• That's because the left has never seen leftist despots as enemies, but rather as well meaning social reformers who maybe (maybe) have made some mistakes here and there, but - hey - how about that health care system in Cuba? The Pope, on the other hand, is a class enemy, representing the forces of right wing obscurantism and bigotry against which the left has been rebelling since 1848, or even the French Revolution.

The left also prides itself in "speaking truth to power" but, in practice, reserves that offensiveness for those not likely to get violent in return. We should also note that the Western left has defined itself in that Western society and culture are deficient and have to be heavily reformed. Which is sometimes interpreted in such manner as to be destroyed. So leftist despots are not on their enemies list because they are already working to take their countries away from the Western tradition, while the Pope, being emblematic of Christianity, which has always been at the heart of Western civilization, is the very symbol of that which they oppose.

Before you get all "ooh, JS is talking about leftism again. Remember, that when things explain, you can mention them. I agree with most of you that theology explains the Protestant right's fervent support for Israel. I also support Israel, but not because of theology or concern for the end times. So, that wouldn't apply to me. 

My religion and accompanying world view also inform my beliefs on many social issues. So, yes, this stuff explains a lot. Not all, but a lot. 

Edited by Juan Savage

The whole point is why should anyone care what Republicans think about Obama's religion?

Even if all Republicans think he's a Muslim, who cares?

Apparenty the libs care.

Because it indicates stupidity.

Edit for clarification: it indicates part of a trend of stupidity. People who believe Obama is a Muslim probably also tend to believe he was born in Kenya, that there's a Benghazi conspiracy, that Obama is secretly gay, that Muslims have prayer curtains, etc. By itself, believing Obama is a Muslim isn't necessarily stupid. Added to those, it certainly is.

Edited by Glen

Because it indicates stupidity.

Edit for clarification: it indicates part of a trend of stupidity. People who believe Obama is a Muslim probably also tend to believe he was born in Kenya, that there's a Benghazi conspiracy, that Obama is secretly gay, that Muslims have prayer curtains, etc. By itself, believing Obama is a Muslim isn't necessarily stupid. Added to those, it certainly is.

Yes. This is why leftists do it. One of their characteristics is thinking that they're smarter than Republicans (but, they hate generalizations when they're losing arguments). That's why the only science they read about is evolution and they quote how many climate scientists "agree" with them (on the latter, they don't know anything except that they "agree" with them). That makes them "pro-science and smarter than Republicans, which is what they care about. I'm talking about garden variety leftists, not real scientists. 

One of the reasons I answer libs on occasion is to show them how little many of them know about anything. They don't know history nor reason well, generally. Why should they have to, if they're smarter and not haters? Once they have to asnwer questions and reason, that's when you get the jokes and the retarded "Yeah, but you're assuming and generalizing" dodges. 

A smart person would see that people who don't like Obama would report the most unflattering description of him, which was my question on why don't they ask Dems whether Bush was a Nazi or Reagan a Klansman. I'm sure a lot of Dems would say so just to describe them in the most unflattering way. But, we don't get those kinds of polls for some reason.  

Why are you so worried about what I believe Obsma's religion is?

Libs spend so much energy denying God, because "science" yet they seem obsessed with Obama's religion.

Now I deny God.  thanks bro.  I know tons of libs who absolutely love God so where do cons always get that idea?  Oh yeah abortion and butt buddies. We don't hate what cons hate so we deny God.

Why do libs care about him being Muslim or not....because cons are yelling it all the time, they are the obsessed ones.  They stfu about it, trust me I won't care if he is or isn't.

If you can say Obama says he is a Christian, but why should I believe him, how about Obama says he is not a Muslim, but why should anyone believe that? That is how I reading comprehended it.  Sorry if I was wrong.

Juan, a couple things.

First, do you realize that one doesn't need to be religious in order to have morality? That moral conscience can come from sources other than belief in God?

Two, you have created a skewed strawman leftist that generalizes all leftists, yet react against generalizations about Republicans or Christians. I have no doubt that many leftists are as dumb as you say they are, but you spend an inordinate amount of time telling us how dumb they are, but not really showing us. In other words, your arguments aren't substantive - you just make baseless claims like "most leftists don't know history."

Meanwhile, you're given a statistic based on actual research, that 43% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim and rather than actually consider that as representative of almost half of the Republican party, you find a way to turn this around on the Evil Leftists.

Juan, a couple things.

First, do you realize that one doesn't need to be religious in order to have morality? That moral conscience can come from sources other than belief in God?

Two, you have created a skewed strawman leftist that generalizes all leftists, yet react against generalizations about Republicans or Christians. I have no doubt that many leftists are as dumb as you say they are, but you spend an inordinate amount of time telling us how dumb they are, but not really showing us. In other words, your arguments aren't substantive - you just make baseless claims like "most leftists don't know history."

Meanwhile, you're given a statistic based on actual research, that 43% of Republicans think Obama is a Muslim and rather than actually consider that as representative of almost half of the Republican party, you find a way to turn this around on the Evil Leftists.

One. I agree that one doesn't have to be religious to act good, but only people who believe in a standard of good can make that statement. Or, let's say there's an existentialist who doesn't believe in absolute morality. He helps an old lady across the street. I observe it. Even though, according to him, he just did something that made him feel good and wasn't in any real sense good, he, according to my standard, did a good act. 

Now, if you don't believe in "goodness," it wouldn't make sense to say that you're being "good." You're just acting in a way that, according to society, is good. 

Basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't just say that we're a lump of chemicals evolved to believe some things are inherently good and then turn around and say that biological adaptation means that there really are inherently good and bad behaviors. This isn't something I made up, by the way. All of the great philosophers thought the same thing. 

Two. I don't like calling people dumb. I'm explaining that liberals generally enjoy calling Republicans dumb and that explains why these polls exist. You do realize that NOBODY on this board has said that Obama is a Muslim so your whole argument is that, generally, Republicans believe it. You must also surely believe that that reflects poorly on Republicans. I further explained that people who hate the other party will probably believe any bad thing about them. If you asked the average Dem questions about Bush's beliefs, you'll probably get something similar. 

Edited by Juan Savage

One. I agree that one doesn't have to be religious to act good, but only people who believe in a standard of good can make that statement. Or, let's say there's an existentialist who doesn't believe in absolute morality. He helps an old lady across the street. I observe it. Even though, according to him, he just did something that made him feel good and wasn't in any real sense good, he, according to my standard, did a good act. 

Now, if you don't believe in "goodness," it wouldn't make sense to say that you're being "good." You're just acting in a way that, according to society, is good. 

Basically, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't just say that we're a lump of chemicals evolved to believe some things are inherently good and then turn around and say that biological adaptation means that there really are inherently good and bad behaviors. This isn't something I made up, by the way. All of the great philosophers thought the same thing. 

Two. I don't like calling people dumb. I'm explaining that liberals generally enjoy calling Republicans dumb and that explains why these polls exist. You do realize that NOBODY on this board has said that Obama is a Muslim so your whole argument is that, generally, Republicans believe it. You must also surely believe that that reflects poorly on Republicans. I further explained that people who hate the other party will probably believe any bad thing about them. If you asked the average Dem questions about Bush's beliefs, you'll probably get something similar. 

I personally don't believe that we're just "a lump of chemicals" but I imagine that they probably see morality as an evolutionary adaptation; it makes better evolutionary sense to work together, to take care of each other, etc. I don't see how that is trying have your cake and eat it too. Everyone can rationalize just about anything within their own worldview. It is how we make sense of the world.

I did not say that Republicans "generally" believe that Obama is a Muslim. But a poll came to the conclusion that 43% of Republicans do. Even if we add in a 10% margin of error, that's still at least one-third of Republicans that think Obama is a Muslim. And yes, I do think that reflects poorly on the Republican party as a whole, while recognizing that most Republicans don't think that way (at least not to that extreme). But the point is that a large segment of the Republican part--whether one-third or almost half--thinks that way. My guess is that there is a strong correlation between "Obama is Muslim" folks and Fox viewers, but that's just a guess.

Anyhow, I think you're arguing a red herring - you're trying to distract from what should be a rather disturbing finding. Clearly Democrats have their own stupidity (e.g. political correctness being a particularly nasty mental malady), but that's beside the point.

Edited by Angelsjunky