• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia: "We're going to be fine"

Who would you cheer for in a hypothetical Dodgers v Rangers World Series?

Rangers. I understand why people hate them, but nothing would be worse than the Dodgers winning. If the Rangers win, wel be trolled by their fans on here. If the Dogs win, youll be trolled by every Dodger fan in So Cal, every day, not to mention, everyone will bandwagon the Dodgers.

Rangers. I understand why people hate them, but nothing would be worse than the Dodgers winning. If the Rangers win, wel be trolled by their fans on here. If the Dogs win, youll be trolled by every Dodger fan in So Cal, every day, not to mention, everyone will bandwagon the Dodgers.

There are actually a significant number of Rangers fans in my office (transplants from corporate HQ in Texas) but even there the Dodgers fans are far more likely to be douchebags.

"we need to turn the page on this one" -- Scioscia quote in the first paragraph of Monday's LA Times story of Sunday's fiasco.

that sweep of Houston would have meant we're sort of back in business in both the Division title race and the Wild Card race.

instead, a key loss like that during the second week in September and in the way it happened..........well, we're done.

of course, many of us just knew that Angels would find a way to win a few games, go on a bit of a run, keep the hopes up a bit -- only to see them dashed in a game like that.

Texas beat Houston tonight -- I think they're a half game apart right now..........

What does "turn the page" even mean anymore, when the team comes out the next day and plays the same brand of bad, dispirited baseball and falls deeper and deeper out of the playoff picture. Same old, same old BAD.

Scioscia's words are meaningless. 

What does "turn the page" even mean anymore, when the team comes out the next day and plays the same brand of bad, dispirited baseball and falls deeper and deeper out of the playoff picture. Same old, same old BAD.

Scioscia's words are meaningless. 

I'm not sure what it meant to begin with.  Or how it's even remotely helpful.  Really bad games are usually the sign of poor fundamentals and poor preparation.  You can't just "turn the page" and disregard the problem as if it never existed. 

I'm not sure what it meant to begin with. Or how it's even remotely helpful. Really bad games are usually the sign of poor fundamentals and poor preparation. You can't just "turn the page" and disregard the problem as if it never existed.

It isn't helpful but it isn't meant to be helpful, it is meant to fill the time that he is required to talk to the media. Think of it as skittle chat with Marshawn Lynch.

Manager quotes from last night's losing teams.

Boston - 0 Orioles - 2

"We've been swinging the bats really well...sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due..." said Red Sox interim manager Torey Lovullo. 

Washington - 8 Phillies - 7

"We battled," manager Pete Mackanin said. "We battled, we came back and tied the score three times. We got good relief pitching. We just came up short."

Cleveland - 8 Kansas City - 3

Royals manager Ned Yost said of Volquez. "Tonight was just one of those nights."

Miami - 3 NY Mets - 4

"I thought it was a well-played ballgame," Marlins interim manager Dan Jennings said.

Texas - 5 Houston - 3

"We've got to play good baseball," Astros manager A.J. Hinch said.

Padres - 10 Diamondbacks - 3

"They're embarrassed by the performance as a team and as a group and I'm sure they'll bounce back," D-backs manager Chip Hale said. "We always have."

Pearls of wisdom. The best is the D-Backs manager talking about the team always bouncing back. You're 15 games out of first place in your division!

This nearly identical team won 98 games last year due to ... lack of talent? 

Last years team won 98 due to the combination of all of the following:

• Howie Kendrick is a better player than Giavotella / Featherston

• Richards, Shoemaker, Iannetta, Joe Smith and others had career years
  • The Astros were not yet competitive
  • The Texas Rangers had an unprecedented number of players on the DL, including their entire expected opening day rotation
  • Billy Beane decided to blow up the team with the best overall record in baseball mid season for some reason

We here know that the Angels aren't going anywhere this year.

You think Scioscia doesn't know?  You think the players don't know?

Scioscia can't go in front of the media and say "season over" because they still need people to come out to the games, and watch them on tv.

The Angels would have been the pre 2015 Toronto Blue Jays had they been in any other division the last 15 years. The 4 team division with only 2 good teams for most of this time (Angels and A's) bears out the easier route to the playoffs the Halos had for years. A great farm system was not a bad thing as well.

Edited by DropOfAnaheim