• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Switching cable co.

jimbo

As of now I have the bundle package with xfinity, which runs me about $175.-$200. Per month. Obviously that's a shit ton of money to pay for cable ( which is pretty good), phone ( which I hardly use), and internet ( awesome). Any thought on other options such as DirectTv, AT&T Uverse, or Dish? How does their Internet stack up? I appreciate your feedback.

Does anyone use Charter Communication? How is their T.V. and Internet?

We're moving to an area where that is pretty much the only option. Sucks.

My company sells FiOS and Charter. Depending on the area you live in the Charter internet is pretty good. At minimum you'll get 30/4 speed. If your address is in a Spectrum area you'll get 60/8 for the same price. You can get a mid tier triple play bundle that comes with HBO/Shotime/Cinemax starting at $109.99 plus equipment and tax. Comes with 1 free DVR. Cable boxes are $6.99 each.

If I were to discontinue the landlines it wouldn't decrease the cost, in fact it might raise it. The I tenet is what i'm most worried about losing. Xfinity is the fastest in the industry I believe.

Every year my promotional offer through TWC expires and they try raising my rates.  I call and tell them I want to cancel my service and that Dish/DirecTV/etc. is offering me more for less.  I always end up on the newest promotion they have which the last 2 years has been pretty much the same price.  If you call and tell them you want to cancel your service like yk said they'll find a way to lower your cost and/or give you more for less.

What everything is going to hinge on is your internet.  Research that one mainly, because you can get Dish or Directv or whatever single cable option anywhere.  

That will be your nut.  And with Comcast now capping at 300 gb a month, it's more important than ever to get the right deal.  

What everything is going to hinge on is your internet.  Research that one mainly, because you can get Dish or Directv or whatever single cable option anywhere.  

That will be your nut.  And with Comcast now capping at 300 gb a month, it's more important than ever to get the right deal.  

not for business class.

Thanks Cory. I have no clue what you are talking about with those numbers but so long as they have decent internet that's all I care about. We'll probably just be getting internet and that's it.

No problem, bud.

Internet alone is $39.99

The 30/4 and 60/8 is simply the download/upload speed. 

30/4 speed is solid for 2-3 people in the house.

60/8 speed is solid for 4-6 people in the house.

Either way you shouldn't encounter too many issues with these speeds. Streaming, downloading, gaming, etc. Should work fine.

Does anyone use Charter Communication? How is their T.V. and Internet?

We're moving to an area where that is pretty much the only option. Sucks.

we had charter cable in glendale. the service blew goats. the internet was okay but slow, though that might have been from not having a faster ($) speed. i didn't like dealing with them and was happy to ditch them for U-verse.

My parents still have their landline. It's nothing but telemarketers. My dad gets all pissed and tells them to take him off their list which does nothing.

I've told him to get rid of it about 500 times but I think he somehow gets a rise out of cursing at the guys on the other end of the line.

In my opinion DirecTV is the only good option for TV.  I find cable to be really crappy.

For internet FIOS is the best, after that it's a crap shoot based on where you live.  Comcast, Time Warner and AT&T are shitty companies with shitty internet.

My internet kicks ass.

In my experience, call centers are filled with coloreds and every now and then I get the white trash chick with a Midwestern twang.

The black dudes are awesome though. The last time I called in to add channels, the dude and I talked about the show Power for a bit. You give them a hint of street slang and they suddenly get hood....and so do i.