• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Switching cable co.

jimbo

With the Sunday ticket now being $350ish, I called direct tv and went straight to 'retention'.  I told them I liked direct tv, but my wife wants to 'cut the cord' (use that term) and just go to netflix.  I lied and said she's a 49ers fan but doesn't want to pay $350 to watch them.  I really didn't have any leverage since I am in the middle of a 2 year agreement.

I ended up with the Sunday ticket max for $162, and four months free showtime.  Next year, when my two year contract is up, is when i go for the jugular again.

i'll get FIOS the instant it's available where i live

That's what I did.

Could not wait to get rid of Comcast. Terrible in every way. Slow internet, poor customer service, technicians who know NOTHING, recycled equipment that needs to be swapped out every year. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them a negative number. If you add up the time I spent on the phone with their help desk, we would be talking days, not hours.

A true sign of how bad of a company Comcast is: Going to their local office location (in a nice area) and they have an armed security guard, and their employees are locked in behind bulletproof glass!! This is for a cablephone provider, not a bank or jewelry store. What does that say about the "road rage" they are dealing with!

I'm about to sign up with Time Warner which sucks but I'm forced into it do to my Clear giving up on me.

I used to have ATT which I hated.  The company is what led me to cut the cord.  About two years ago, I called them to complain of my rate going up and my speeds getting crappier (run speedtest.com to see how slow/fast your internet is).

They told me they'd lower my bill by $5 a month. I was even angrier as that was a pittance.  They suddenly dropped the rate to what I was originally paying and at that point, I was insulted and I told the chick on the phone (I know...she doesn't care) that she should've offered to do that in the first place.  So I quit ATT.

I will never go back to them ever due to their expensive rates for lower quality delivery and awful speeds.

I'm going to TWC because my choices are minimal in my area.  I'm purchasing my own modem.  TWC provides a list of modems and routers you can purchase which is compliant with their service.  

After I start the billing, I need to set a reminder on my phone to call TWC and tell them I'm canceling my service if they don't lower my rate, once the year is up.

Due to an increasing number of people cutting the cord (myself included) these companies are now simply broadband companies.  That is where they are betting their future on.  So anytime you threaten to bail on them ISP they will do what they can to keep you around.  The free months of HBO, etc. are an easy goodie for them to throw at us.

My two-year deal with DirecTV is almost up and I'm looking at cutting the cord.  After reading this I think I'll have my wife try to work some of the "give us a great deal or we're leaving" magic.  She's good at that stuff.  Our internet is solid and I don't have a problem with the DirecTV service or quality.  Wouldn't mind staying with them if we can get a decent deal.

My two-year deal with DirecTV is almost up and I'm looking at cutting the cord.  After reading this I think I'll have my wife try to work some of the "give us a great deal or we're leaving" magic.  She's good at that stuff.  Our internet is solid and I don't have a problem with the DirecTV service or quality.  Wouldn't mind staying with them if we can get a decent deal.

It's a must these days.  You may just want to start right off with the line, "I need to cancel my direct."  Whoever is on the phone will ask you why.  Then you tell them you cannot afford it...Directv has gotten too expensive. 

If you don't like what they're offering, tell them it's not quite enough to justify the expense.  They will usually go a little deeper. It's not like they're going to tell you they don't want your business if you go back (within the call) and take them up on whatever offer.  It should take about 20 minutes of phone time.

We have Cox, not a fan but we only pay $26 or so for tv with all premiums and internet.

I hate their guide, menus, and interface. It's archaic looking.

We have Cox broadband internet and DirecTV. For a brief time (this was before DirecTV offered local channels) we took a bundle deal from Cox for television and internet. We immediately hated the cable, the box went back within three days. DirecTV even offered us a sweetheart deal to return.