• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulo Traded to Blue Jays

ettin

Toronto isnt a playoff team as of today. I will be more worried about them if they get pitching. Tulo comes at a risk and I question how much of a game changer he is compared to Reyes at this point in the season. No doubt he is an upgrade but not sure how much he will truly affect the standings. 

Toronto isnt a playoff team as of today. I will be more worried about them if they get pitching. Tulo comes at a risk and I question how much of a game changer he is compared to Reyes at this point in the season. No doubt he is an upgrade but not sure how much he will truly affect the standings. 

granted but they didnt make this deal without having it in mind to make a run, and with that offense they can. 

Just looking at the statistics of the three guys Toronto is sending to Colorado, it seems Colorado's return is rather light. I know Hoffman was drafted high, but his strikeout numbers are really low for a supposed power arm.

Then again, Tulo isn't having a great year, is on the wrong side of 30 and always injured, and is owed a ton of money.

When it comes to prospects you can't just look at the stats.  Hoffman is still learning how to pitch and while I don't know what the Jays were doing with him, it's not uncommon for power pitcher's to be told to work on/throw certain pitches more to get a better feel for it. In most cases, that usually means the changeup since not a lot of young pitchers have a good feel for it when they first get drafted

When it comes to prospects you can't just look at the stats.  Hoffman is still learning how to pitch and while I don't know what the Jays were doing with him, it's not uncommon for power pitcher's to be told to work on/throw certain pitches more to get a better feel for it. In most cases, that usually means the changeup since not a lot of young pitchers have a good feel for it when they first get drafted

Also in today's game with players costing so much, you can look at number of seasons, and they just acquired quite a few for a few years of Tulo, and probably even more once they flip Reyes. If they land prospects for Reyes they may have 20-30 seasons worth of cost-controlled players in return.

I was waiting to see who was tossed in the deal to comment.

The way I see it is Tulo was tiring of not making the Playoffs and has been saying in a nice way "This skus I gotta go!"...

The initial deal is a All Star/positional and semi salary trade of Reyes contract for Tulo's.

I don't know much about the prospects but the one everyone has been talking about Castro though young hasn't done much and could very well become an ERNESTO CLONE. Hard throwing Dominicans are a dime a dozen it doesn't mean they will stick.

The rest who knows. The Blue Jays haven't had a top flight pitcher come up through the ranks since Halladay, Carpenter, Key, Stieb who else??? That's been a while ago.

I'm surprised by the deal. You will find that suddenly Tulo will spend much less time on the DL as he will be out of the light air of Colorado. His power stats will continue as he goes from light air to a band box.

Good for both for what they got initially I just don't see how in the end the prospect arms will work in Colorado. So, with that being said ADVANTAGE Toronto.

And Yes, I believe Reyes will be flipped for more young arms by the Rockies.

And the Blue Jays have been in the market for a closer enter LaTroy.

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

They did a full write up on it a while ago in regards to baseball injuries and the air in Colorado Lou. I tried finding the link when we were all scrambling about getting Tulo here. AO I believe has read it also.

Which I then found interesting as the DI colleges in Colorado don't offer baseball either. I doubt there is much to that hard to practice year round. 7 DII's and 5 JUCO's offer baseball.

That was part of it Lou...

Pitchers arms and recovery time and hammy and quad issues on full-timers/positional players.

And if you think about it all the good Rockie every day players have always had issues with Hammies and Quads: Tulo, Walker, Bichette, CarGo, Helton, Atkins, Burks, Holliday, Hawpe....etc.

I remember Larry Walker talking about how during his MVP season he had more tape and wrap on his legs just to hold them together. Helton said the same thing something about compression shorts and pants under his uniform trying to hold everything together...And then joked he never wore that much stuff as a College QB.

In the same interview Walker made a statement that he loved the City of Denver, the org and the fans. But, physically it was probably the worst decision he ever made he said his legs went quick after a few seasons. He said Montreal's turf started it and the light air/altitude finished him. And said his last season in St. Louis was smoke and mirrors he was surprised he could play 100 games.

The AL East is a hitters division in terms of ballparks, Even if Tulo's home stats go down his road numbers should improve in the AL East.

Donaldson, Bautista, Tulo are in their primes, the Jays probally figure their window if they have one is now & the next year or two.

Once Bautista, Donaldson(Already 29) & Tulo start to decline they will have wasted their chances.

not sire id say tulo is in his prime. Hos power is way down this year. Could just be an off year, who knows.

As per slappys comment that hes wanted out of Colorado, thats is correct. But thats the pitfalls of aogning a big contract

They did a full write up on it a while ago in regards to baseball injuries and the air in Colorado Lou. I tried finding the link when we were all scrambling about getting Tulo here. AO I believe has read it also.

Which I then found interesting as the DI colleges in Colorado don't offer baseball either. I doubt there is much to that hard to practice year round. 7 DII's and 5 JUCO's offer baseball.

There are actually two DI baseball programs in Colorado: Air Force and Northern Colorado. Even though UNC is DII for most sports, it is a DI in the WAC for baseball.

I was going off the list online. Air Force is correct no clue about NC...Thanks! Where is NC located? Got it Greely 4658 ft above sea level. Denver averages 5600-5800 or 1 mile. Colorado Springs is 6000+

Don't know what the difference would be I'm not a Doctor Thanks though Mark!

Just looking at the statistics of the three guys Toronto is sending to Colorado, it seems Colorado's return is rather light. I know Hoffman was drafted high, but his strikeout numbers are really low for a supposed power arm.

Then again, Tulo isn't having a great year, is on the wrong side of 30 and always injured, and is owed a ton of money.

The Rockies did save $50MM long term which will give them a lot of flexibility when they return to contention after 2017.