• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulo Traded to Blue Jays

ettin

Dodgers reportedly told Puig he would not be traded. That was yesterday. Now they're willing to listen to offers.

Young power bat with rifle arm owed only $24 million with three years left on his contract. Some issues with other players and management, might benefit from a change in scenery. Dodgers need starting pitching.

Edited by fan_since79

I wouldnt say Reyes is a bad contract and Tulo has much more time and money on his deal. Is he better? Of course, but how much better does he make them the rest of this season? Reyes hasnt been a slouch. Of course the Jays probably are not done. 

$48 mil beyond this season for someone with an OPS+ below 100, who isn't very good defensively and is seemingly on a pretty sharp decline. That's not a good contract.

I am sure that the Rox got another player besides Castro out of Toronoto's top ten and they can probably get a solid pitching prospect for Reyes.  

Tulo has missed half of the last 4 seasons, he almost 31,  and he's owed a boat load of money.

Personally, I think this is a good deal for the Rox although contingent on who else they get and who they flip Reyes for.  

Reyes has 2/48 left which is pretty awful, but they could pay 10-15mil, get a nice player or two and still be ahead of the game.  

To be honest, I'm actually pretty sad about this. I'm not a Rockies (nor do I dislike them), but Tulo is the face if that franchise, and what he's meant to that organization can't be replaced.

I never thought I'd see the day and now that it's come, yeah, I'm just sad.

As for the trade itself, I don't understand. Perhaps COL feels they can get more of a return by trading Reyes instead of Tulo.

so now it looks like the Rox got Hoffman and Castro.  Two of the Jays top 5 prospects in a very good system.  

this trade would be like us giving up Aybar, Newcomb and Ellis to pay Tulo 98mil for his 31-35yo seasons where he's played half the games in the previous 4 seasons.  

no thank you.  

Jeff Hoffman, Miguel Castro and another prospect TBD going to the Rox. Don't really get the Jays trading away their likely best prospect(Hoffman) to get another bat.

yep.  this was a deal the Rox couldn't pass up.  Not the other way around as far as I'm concerned.  

the thing is, the Jays could have gotten Cole Hamels for something similar.  

Yep...and now with them certainly in the market to trade for some pitching, they'll have to dip back into that well to trade even more of their pitching depth(Daniel Norris the likely headline prospect in the deal)

^^^This.  They save money by having to eat part of a lesser contract.  To get the best return on Tulo they would have had to eat a lot more money.  Plus they may end up maximizing their return because they might not have been able to get the full load of prospects they wanted from one team.  This way they can pull prospects from 2 teams.

@JonHeymanCBS: blue jays were said to have been concerned with reyes' defense. they view tulo as an upgrade with glove, as well. #tulo

Reyes has had some balls go right through his legs, cost them a game in Chicago couple weeks ago. But they need pitching so much more

Edited by CanadianHalo

Take back what I said earlier. At first the indications were the Rockies hadn't got that great a haul and now it's clear that they did. Can't help but think the Jays could have done better if they were willing to give up so much.

The AL East is a hitters division in terms of ballparks, Even if Tulo's home stats go down his road numbers should improve in the AL East.

Donaldson, Bautista, Tulo are in their primes, the Jays probally figure their window if they have one is now & the next year or two.

Once Bautista, Donaldson(Already 29) & Tulo start to decline they will have wasted their chances.