• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Man of Steel

Superman IS a boring character in certain situations, and that's why I think their decision to change at least part of his story is a good one.

I applaud the decision to leave Kryptonite completely off the table as best as I understand.

However, when Superman is up against another of his own kind while in the context of this world, things become interesting. If they can write his character around that and have him change as a result of that, it will be compelling.

It's all about who they surround him with.

There's a reason Superman Returns sucked: everything about it was bad.

Superman I and II were pretty much solid films.

I think this is going to be a good one. I really do.

This movie does look amazing.  Especially after the complete crap that was Superman Returns.  I have high hopes for this movie.

I'm still kind of iffy about them not including Lex Luthor in the movie.  He is way more than just a villain.  He is a main character in the Superman story.  It would be like them not including Lois Lane.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I see the movie though.

I liked the one with Richard Pryor in it.

I'm actually eager to check out all the original films (I haven't seen any) though I know one or two are considered universally bad, and Superman 3 is pretty split.

I picked up the box set that has the four original films (and Superman Returns) and hope to watch them before Man of Steel comes out.

The first one is actually really good, IMO.

Williams' score is amazing.

I agree. I saw the first one in the theater when I was really young. One of the first memories I have of seeing a movie in a theater. The part where the people float away in the glass prism or whatever it is tripped me out. 

I'm actually eager to check out all the original films (I haven't seen any) though I know one or two are considered universally bad, and Superman 3 is pretty split.

I picked up the box set that has the four original films (and Superman Returns) and hope to watch them before Man of Steel comes out.

Your info is dead wrong.  Both Superman and Superman II are great movies.  Superman has a 93% fresh rating and Superman II (my favorite) has a 88% fresh rating.

It is Superman III and Superman IV that are both pretty bad.

Superman IS a boring character in certain situations, and that's why I think their decision to change at least part of his story is a good one.

I applaud the decision to leave Kryptonite completely off the table as best as I understand.

However, when Superman is up against another of his own kind while in the context of this world, things become interesting. If they can write his character around that and have him change as a result of that, it will be compelling.

It's all about who they surround him with.

I think this is going to be a good one. I really do.

you know what would make superman an edgier character? if he watched an angels game in April with AO and a bottle of tequila.

:-)