• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Atta Boy Reggie!

Adult autograph hounds are the worst.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/25/reggie-jackson-swears-autograph-seekers-hall-of-fame-video/

Plus.

Baseball legend Reggie Jackson went nuclear Friday night when some autograph hungry fans tried to double dip.

You see Jackson confront a guy who he claims got back in line after already scoring an autograph outside a Cooperstown, NY restaurant. Jackson calls the guy a "c**k su**er" among other things.

In another video we've seen, he yells at a security guard, "You guys disperse the motherf***ers, tell them to get the f*** away from me!" "I need a f***ing bodyguard to keep them the f*** away."

Jackson is in Cooperstown for this weekend's Hall of Fame Induction ceremony ... where hopefully things will be a lot calmer.

I remember seeing Reggie walking out of a restaurant in Newport as a friend and I walked by.  We were probably about 14.  He totally blew us off which, as an Angel fan, crushed me.  Then I heard from others who'd also run into him around Newport that he was a total kook.  Then I felt better.  I learned to tame my expectations of false idols at an early age.  Reason number 5,601 why Mike Trout is f'ing awesome.  Dude is a great player and great with the fans.  

The other thing is, Reggie is pushing 70. While he could probably still hold his own, it can't be easy being hounded by a bunch of grotesquely overweight fan boys.

Exactly. Granted these guys make millions but they still have limits, and you shouldn't have to give up your personal space just because you were once great at baseball.

Reggie was cool to me as a kid, signing a ball for me and many others outside the stadium in 89 for the ASG.

Reggie also was nice to me at Newport Beaxh C.C. I'm sure he's an asshole but I've had good experiences with him.

Most people like Magic Johnson, and he was a compete asshole to him.

No biggie.

When Reggie was with the Angels my wife just didn't like him, something about his attitude and she always referred to him as beaver beak. Always cracked me up, "Beaver beak just swung and missed again. He should get a life alert if he going to fall down all the time." She had the same instant dislike for Hamilton.

Reggie was cool to me as a kid, signing a ball for me and many others outside the stadium in 89 for the ASG.

Reggie also was nice to me at Newport Beaxh C.C. I'm sure he's an asshole but I've had good experiences with him.

Yeah -- every interaction I ever had with him was really pretty positive.   He's always been noted for hating autograph seekers because they tend to turn around and sell them..    He used to flat out refuse to sign for anyone by kids.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Pete Rose is the best at giving autographs to baseball fans.

Yeah sure, I peeked into a baseball card / memorabilia show in Vegas and Pete Rose was signing anything you wanted for $25 per item. I don't really collect autographs but the line to get to Pete Rose was huge and must have been 400-500 people long. Dude must have raked in about 10-15k that afternoon.

When Reggie was with the Angels my wife just didn't like him, something about his attitude and she always referred to him as beaver beak. Always cracked me up, "Beaver beak just swung and missed again. He should get a life alert if he going to fall down all the time." She had the same instant dislike for Hamilton.

Racist

I see that the Mrs. is an excellent judge of character.

When I was about 11, Reggie completely ignored, and then drove through a group of us trying to get autographs near the players parking area.  It was slow, but clear that he-would-not-stop-so-you-may-want-to-move .

Then, while everyone was distracted by that, my uncle quietly pulled me over to the side, and we not only got an autograph, but a conversation with Bobby Grich.  What a difference, and what an impression made on a young fan,