• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morrissey

He's basically a crooner up there - you won't see a lot of action and while he does at times go into some pseudo dance type motions, he mostly will walk around and at times play up to his audience.  What he does do a really good job of involving the band behind him, something he didn't used to do..   

If you like Morrissey, you'll love his shows... because he sounds exactly the same.   But, nothing like the old Smith's shows.  That's the one band I wish would patch crap up and do a reunion tour ala Bauhaus.

Morrissey/Marr was perfect...     

Yeah, I've seen Peter Murphy live, but he got weird (after he became a vampire/muslim).  lol

Loved Bauhaus and the the Smiths growing up. 

I think I'll pass. A single ticket is $300

Speaking of Johnny Marr, to this day, one of my favorite albums that I can listen to from start to finish is the first 'Electronic' album featuring Benard from New Order, Marr from the Smiths and Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys. 

PetShopBoys.jpg

MI0003539455.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

This setlist from his most recent show, does not seem to be worth $300.

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Ganglord

Speedway

World Peace Is None of Your Business

Staircase at the University

Kiss Me a Lot

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

I Will See You in Far-Off Places

The Bullfighter Dies

Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed

One of Our Own

Istanbul

Will Never Marry

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

(The Smiths song)

Everyday Is Like Sunday

First of the Gang to Die

Meat Is Murder

(The Smiths song)

Now My Heart Is Full

Encore:

What She Said

(The Smiths song)

This setlist from his most recent show, does not seem to be worth $300.

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Ganglord

Speedway

World Peace Is None of Your Business

Staircase at the University

Kiss Me a Lot

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

I Will See You in Far-Off Places

The Bullfighter Dies

Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed

One of Our Own

Istanbul

Will Never Marry

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

(The Smiths song)

Everyday Is Like Sunday

First of the Gang to Die

Meat Is Murder

(The Smiths song)

Now My Heart Is Full

Encore:

What She Said

(The Smiths song)

Not strong at all.

Yeah, pass.

None of my favorite Smiths or Morrissey songs are done. Boo!

My faves:

How Soon Is Now

There is a light that never goes out

Bigmouth Strikes Again

This Charming Man

Some Girls Are Bigger than Others

Ask

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.

Boy with a Thorn in his side

Speaking of Johnny Marr, to this day, one of my favorite albums that I can listen to from start to finish is the first 'Electronic' album featuring Benard from New Order, Marr from the Smiths and Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys. 

PetShopBoys.jpg

On the tour for Electronic's first album, I saw Electronic open for Depeche Mode. It was awesome.

Edited by Ray McKigney

PetShopBoys.jpg

Was never aware of this supergroup. Three favorites though. I'm going to check it out.

Was never aware of this supergroup. Three favorites though. I'm going to check it out.

Electronic's first album is really good. Never listened to the second one because it didn't come out until five years later. By that time, Backstreet Boys had already released their debut album and I didn't want to listen to anything else. 

Edited by Ray McKigney

His lyrics an be somewhat suicide-inducing, as well. Although, I suppose, for some people, that's the charm.

Yes, but "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" is one of their few upbeat songs.  As with most music, I generally don't get caught-up in the lyrics specifically because a lot of the time certain words are used to fill the tempo instead of what should have been there.  Except for country music; that shit's saying exactly what it's about! 

I was a huge Smiths fan growing-up, but have never gotten the chance to see them or Morissey.  I've come to terms with it tho, and realize that it keeps the mystery intact.

PS- One of the best covers of "How Soon is Now" is from Quicksand!  There's a live version on Youtube that's pretty amazing.

Edited by LBHalos17