• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols to face Kris Bryant in the Home Run Derby (Full Bracket)

Terrific ending with Albert picking up Petersons brother and giving him some attention. This was a no lose situation for Albert in that he made fans happy to see him out there competing and came really close to being in the finals after three incredibly disappointing seasons for him.

Well done Pujols, you represented the team with class.

Seriously made me proud that that Mang is on my team. What a classy dude. Doesn't get enough credit for being a good guy in the sea of douches that is MLB.

overall, this was a good format even though it wasn't any shorter in time to watch. i liked the brackets idea and hope they'll continue using that. each match was very competitive and held my attention to the end. it was awesome that a few of the matches went down to the very last pitch.

i thought they could have done a better job of explaining the bonus time at the beginning. they just seemed to gloss right past it.

once again, chris berman ruined the commentary. whoever negotiated his contract that keeps putting him on the HR derby call every year was an absolute genius.

5 minutes would have worn a few of those guys out. The last round Pujols left hand was starting to go, his timeout helped then he faded again. This is a fan fun exhibition but players health should override everything. You know none of them are going to hold back.

5 minutes would have worn a few of those guys out. The last round Pujols left hand was starting to go, his timeout helped then he faded again. This is a fan fun exhibition but players health should override everything. You know none of them are going to hold back.

Some of those guys were gassed after 2:20.   Four minutes is plenty.   

The format might encourage other guys to do it.   I could see Trout and Harper wanting to do it in the format as was presented last night.   I don't know if that's a good thing, or if they want to encourage Trout vs Harper until the end of time.

Change it to 3 minutes, give them a 30 second timeout, and get rid of the wait till it lands before pitching rule. Give extra time based on distance or number of homers in a row. Make it so you can earn more than 30 bonus seconds.

I think you are going to run into a viewing issues on television if you do not wait until it lands. Even last night, Frazier was ahead of the cameras at some points because of the way he was being pitched by his brother. 

I thought it was really fun, but I would look at the situation where the second hitter has the advantage of knowing how many he has to hit to win.  If they surpass the first guy, they get a real break by being able to stop and not continue to expend their energy.  They also know what kind of pace to create to surpass the first hitter's total.  Maybe there is no way to fix that one, someone will always have to hit first.

Edited by tomsred