• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grantland: Scioscia like the way it feels

Do you think Dipoto went to Arte to talk about this? It would make sense. What would Arte tell him? You have to work it out with Scioscia? You're the GM?

You're right, it all comes back to Arte.  Scioscia has the power he has because of Arte.  Until the owner redistributes that power it doesn't matter.  Arte trusts Scioscia, Arte commits to Scioscia, and until a GM comes along and wins Arte's trust and Arte recommits, the power will remain with Scioscia until he leaves.  JD couldn't win Arte's trust, that's the bottom line.

And what if Arte moves Scioscia into the GM slot, guess what, the power will probably remain with Scioscia until Arte is no longer the owner.  The same can also be said for Arte's lieutenants in the front office, Carfino et al.

There is not one person or one incident that could get me to just give up watching the Angels. There will be a time when the team isn't competitive again, when we will be a 70 win team, and I am sure my interest will waiver, but if the game is on, I will probably watch it in hopes that we have young players that are developing, so I will get enjoyment out of that.

I wish this board was around in the 90s. People would find a way to see the positive out of the bus crash.

This whole thread is getting AO more excited than a hooker wearing an Angels hat in a dirtbag baseball shirt working the corner of the Pyramid before the big grudge match with UCSB and her main trick just happens to be appeasing WWE wrestling move fetishes.

Could you be more specific, please?

There is not one person or one incident that could get me to just give up watching the Angels. There will be a time when the team isn't competitive again, when we will be a 70 win team, and I am sure my interest will waiver, but if the game is on, I will probably watch it in hopes that we have young players that are developing, so I will get enjoyment out of that.

I used to say that too Stradling.  I swear to god, I never thought I would feel indiferent about the Angels.  But its happened.  I would even gladly go back to being a 70 win team as long as I know that those running it were doing so to the best of their ability and up to MLB standards.

I don't believe Scioscia is and I don't think Moreno is either.

I watched the Braves in the 1970s, so I'm not a quitter. I have to admit, though, that the events of the last few days have had an adverse impact on my interest in the team. It appears to me that the Angels have made a commitment to the methods of the past, because they have just shown the future the door.

This will sadly trickle down to players' choices about whether or not to play for the Angels.

We're right down there at the bottom with the Marlins in terms of team dysfunction.

Sosh will opt out before free agency starts, what might hurt free agency this off season is getting a GM in place.

I'm betting he stays. Winning the battle with Dipoto has no doubt caused his massive ego to balloon even greater.

Assuming he is an egomaniac, like you say he is, I would guess that high on an egomaniac's list of important things would be winning. There will be better rosters out there, and more money out there, and a better chance to win out there.

Why would Scioscia opt out? No manager in MLB, to the best of my knowledge, makes more than $5 million a year. Scioscia's deal is for $6 mill a year. He also would have to move from SoCal where he has lived for decades.

No other MLB owner would give him as much power as Moreno does.

Also, why would Friedman be interested in MS? This doesn't make any sense.

Why would Scioscia opt out? No manager in MLB, to the best of my knowledge, makes more than $5 million a year. Scioscia's deal is for $6 mill a year. He also would have to move from SoCal where he has lived for decades.

No other MLB owner would give him as much power as Moreno does.

Also, why would Friedman be interested in MS? This doesn't make any sense.

You're 100% right ... he's not going to opt out.

Assuming he is an egomaniac, like you say he is, I would guess that high on an egomaniac's list of important things would be winning. There will be better rosters out there, and more money out there, and a better chance to win out there.

For Scioscia, it's not about winning but control.  Full and complete control. 

You've overestimating the demand for him given the recent fallout.  Lots of Dipoto's fellow GM's were not happy about this, so there's no way they offer Scioscia a job.  I'd guess there are probably five teams that might be interested, and they aren't teams Scioscia would want to manage for. 

Fans forget that Scioscia lead the Angels to the best record in baseball last season. You can't blame Scioscia for losing in the playoffs when are stars take a nosedive on the field.

You have to believe that Pujols and Trout can't wait for a chance to redeem themselves. Scioscia has this team running on all cylinders ... just need some help offensively.

How can you not be happy as a fan were they are in the standings right now.

Fans forget that Scioscia lead the Angels to the best record in baseball last season. You can't blame Scioscia for losing in the playoffs when are stars take a nosedive on the field.

You have to believe that Pujols and Trout can't wait for a chance to redeem themselves. Scioscia has this team running on all cylinders ... just need some help offensively.

How can you not be happy as a fan were they are in the standings right now.

You can absolutely place some of the blame on Scioscia if he is not giving players the best information for them to succeed, which this article says is the case.