• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grantland: Scioscia like the way it feels

The very thought that Scioscia would not use every advantage at his hands to help the team win pisses me off.

Guess what folks, yes, you and I want the Angels to win far more than their own manager.  So why bother watching anymore?

Post of the year.

Our manager doesn't really care anymore. He needs to go, yesterday.

You really know what fellow GMs thinks about this? ???

For Scioscia, it's not about winning but control. Full and complete control.

You've overestimating the demand for him given the recent fallout. Lots of Dipoto's fellow GM's were not happy about this, so there's no way they offer Scioscia a job. I'd guess there are probably five teams that might be interested, and they aren't teams Scioscia would want to manage for.

I used to say that too Stradling. I swear to god, I never thought I would feel indiferent about the Angels.

I'm disappointed, but not indifferent. I love the team and am more invested in the franchise than I am any other one out there, in any sport. That's what makes this suck so much.

Upset? Yes.

Indifferent? Nah.

I can't see that anyone can come out of this looking good but to me the ones who bear the brunt of blame are whoever is preparing the hitters not named Trout or Pujols, and whoever decided that two primary offensive positions would be adequately manned by Hamilton and Cron. So instead of spending mid season time assigning blame I'd prefer to fix the glaring weaknesses that will prevent the team from winning this season.

Its not extreme really, but it's kinda of leading in the way it puts the information forward.   He claims they had him move away from his FB -- which was true, but he fails to mention that opponents went from hitting .154 in 12, to .187 in 13, to .257 in 14 off his FB -- he didn't really start throwing the slider until they started hitting his FB -- also, opponents batting average against his slider in 2013 was .000  I'm getting this is from the same link he supplied in his story  -- http://www.brooksbaseball.net/outcome.php?player=457117&b_hand=-1&gFilt=&pFilt=FA%7CSI%7CFC%7CCU%7CSL%7CCS%7CKN%7CCH%7CFS%7CSB&time=year&minmax=ci&var=baa&s_type=2&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=07/01/2015

Also, if you look at his pitch values, http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5178&position=P#pitchvalues his FB was less effective than his slider, that year.   

The other thing that's somewhat leading is the talk about the shift in draft focus...  I'm not sure Dipoto is really responsible for shifting away from HS guys in the draft as much as it was a case of the situation calling for players who were further along...

This is just from my memory, but when Frieri was successful, he was pitching up in the zone. Everybody, especially lefties were swinging under the pitch.

Later, he tried to command it better and locate it down and away.

Some guys need to just let it fly in order to be successful.

I believe this was the case for Rodney and Kazmir as well.