• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well done CJ

definitely trade worthy....so that is a big positve to go along with a win.

i'm telling you guys, the angels aren't trading players away. they're in the mentality of playing for the post season, they're hardly out of it by any stretch. i don't understand why we think they're in clearinghouse mode.

To be clear I'm not saying we have to trade C.J. or that we even should trade him. What I am saying is that Heaney has a Steamer Rest of Season projection that is nearly identical to Wilson's expected production. Jerry Dipoto will very likely trade Wilson this off-season to move salary off the books so if a trade scenario popped up where moving Wilson helped to improve the team you could place Heaney in the rotation without losing much if anything (perhaps even gaining).

Is it a wise thing to do? I don't know. Baseball is about managing risk and trading Wilson would have risk built into it. Not trading Wilson and continuing with our below average offensive production against RHP is also a risk. Dipoto has to weigh the two.

To be clear I'm not saying we have to trade C.J. or that we even should trade him. What I am saying is that Heaney has a Steamer Rest of Season projection that is nearly identical to Wilson's expected production. Jerry Dipoto will very likely trade Wilson this off-season to move salary off the books so if a trade scenario popped up where moving Wilson helped to improve the team you could place Heaney in the rotation without losing much if anything (perhaps even gaining). Is it a wise thing to do? I don't know. Baseball is about managing risk and trading Wilson would have risk built into it. Not trading Wilson and continuing with our below average offensive production against RHP is also a risk. Dipoto has to weigh the two.

wow really going out on a limb there

wow really going out on a limb there

Really don't get what you're driving at Jay. I advocate trading C.J. if it helps improve the team's offense against RHP because I do believe that Heaney can replicate Wilson's production. Otherwise keep him. I said it's about managing risk to the team. What I said was pretty clear. If Dipoto thinks trading Wilson would be too detrimental to the team's chemistry in a playoff hunt don't move him. Instead of a snide remark more constructive criticism?

with a hit today....gotta imagine the phones are ringing off the hook :)   

heaney would not even be close to what cj is doing this year....maybe a few years down the road....a lot of this is experience.   not to say the wheels are going to fall off or not in the second half for cj...he is worth something decent if that is the direction they want to go...not sure we could afford it with weaver not missing the big bats.

It looks to me like I was completely wrong about CJ. I assumed there was no chance he would bounce back from last year. But he is having a great season (his WHIP, bb/k, and bb/9 are all career bests right now).

No way Heaney could match that production. But if we are still foundering in a month, I say trade him if we can get something nice in return.