• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

• 2 months later...

Weeeeeeee!  Just wait till they factor in inflation and rising labor costs.

Another $5 billion has been added to the cost of California’s ambitious but long delayed high-speed rail line, according to estimates released Tuesday that show it could take $105 billion to finish the route from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

what a complete waste of money.

serious question: do any of you know someone who's eager for this to be completed so they can use it?

No but I know a grifter company that makes money off this project by guaranteeing that minority and women owned businesses are placed ahead of other capable companies for no reason other than their sex or race. This project has been nothing but a money grab since day 1. The corruption and waste will be studied for centuries. 

Edited by Lhalo

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

No but I know a grifter company that makes money off this project by guaranteeing that minorities and women are placed ahead of other capable companies for no reason other than their sex or race. This project has been nothing but a money grab since day 1. The corruption and waste will be studied for centuries. 

It'll only be studied if you want change.  Calolfornia government wants to keep the coruption going.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It'll only be studied if you want change.  Calolfornia government wants to keep the coruption going.

Our enemies abroad are studying ways to encourage these type of projects through loans and payoffs. They can’t beat us militarily so they are trying to beat us financially by driving our debt to unsustainable levels. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Does anyone support this thing other than the grifters robbing taxpayers to keep it alive?

i don't know anyone who thinks this is a good idea or is planning to use it.

my immediate concern, assuming they actually finish this stupid thing, is how much it'll cost to use. after running over budget by billions, they're going to want to recoup that money asap. 

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

has anyone here used a high speed train in europe or asia? how was it? what was the cost like? was it better than flying? 

In Japan it's great.  No one flies between Tokyo and Osaka.  

Of course, Japanese are smarter than their Calolfornia counterparts.  For instance, the Japanese bullet train is on it's own dedicated tracks.  Not shared with other trains as is proposed going into San Jose.  Also, Japanese bullet trains do not have any crossings.  200 MPH, can't stop, and a semi is stuck on the tracks doesn't happen there like it will in Calolfornia.  Oh, and let's talk about US train schedules.   Japan, if you are 10 seconds late, you better book the next train.  US, well, they may or may not be on time.  Cost wise, wasn't bad.  Probably in line with flying.  Time wise, you probably saved time.  When you account to taking a train out to the airport, where as the bullet train left from central tokyo.  

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

has anyone here used a high speed train in europe or asia? how was it? what was the cost like? was it better than flying? 

Used on out of Amsterdam, back when they allowed smoking on them.  That sucked but I was impressed with all of their public transportation.  They had foresight.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

my immediate concern, assuming they actually finish this stupid thing, is how much it'll cost to use. after running over budget by billions, they're going to want to recoup that money asap

Honestly I don't think they care about breaking even. It will probably cost more to operate than what they bring in.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

my immediate concern, assuming they actually finish this stupid thing, is how much it'll cost to use. after running over budget by billions, they're going to want to recoup that money asap. 

My concern is that, after they finish it no one will even realize it's there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, and money well spent.

According to the latest state estimate, finishing the complete route from Los Angeles to San Francisco could take $105 billion.

According to a high-speed rail spokesperson, the connection between Silicon Valley and the Central Valley is projected to generate nearly $50 billion in economic output.