• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

They should just find out who the lawyers for South Pasadena was that blocked the 710 extension.  Put everyone out of their misery.

I always wondered why it didn't connect with the 210. Now I know.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Weeeeeee.

For those who didn't read the article it's important to note that the freeway plan was already shelved by a lawsuit from environmentalists but the money is still appropriated to transportation. The article also points out that this might be the start of a LA to Las Vegas route.

25 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

For those who didn't read the article it's important to note that the freeway plan was already shelved by a lawsuit from environmentalists but the money is still appropriated to transportation. The article also points out that this might be the start of a LA to Las Vegas route.

Also says it won't even start till 2063-2067.  My guess is, most of us won't be around.  

14 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lol at cancelling that freeway over environmental concerns. It’s the god damned desert haha. I’d say it’s a good thing they won’t be wasting money but alas they will be anyway. 

I would have been all on board for a crazy party train from LA to Las Vegas. It would actually stand a chance to pay for itself if they served liquor. Nevada would probably have paid the cost from state line to Tropicana Blvd and their small section of track would be done and waiting.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I would have been all on board for a crazy party train from LA to Las Vegas. It would actually stand a chance to pay for itself if they served liquor. Nevada would probably have paid the cost from state line to Tropicana Blvd and their small section of track would be done and waiting.

JMO, but Vegas would have been better served doing a train from Vegas to Laughlin.  And maybe even Laughlin to Reno.  But at least the Vegas to Laughlin would have the outside chance of a line from Laughlin to Palm Springs and Palm Springs to Anaheim.  Vegas to LA just seems to be a huge hurdle with the mountains and dealing with the route once you get past the mountains.  I really don't think that party line will ever happen in my lifetime even to Victorville.

34 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

JMO, but Vegas would have been better served doing a train from Vegas to Laughlin.  And maybe even Laughlin to Reno.  But at least the Vegas to Laughlin would have the outside chance of a line from Laughlin to Palm Springs and Palm Springs to Anaheim.  Vegas to LA just seems to be a huge hurdle with the mountains and dealing with the route once you get past the mountains.  I really don't think that party line will ever happen in my lifetime even to Victorville.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/07/24/los-angeles-to-las-vegas-high-speed-train-wins-200-million-nevada-bond-allocation/#25392c501c27

XpressWest, a high-speed rail line that will connect Southern California to Las Vegas, won $200 million of private activity bonds from Nevada, a critical final public allocation that allows the company owned by Wall Street investor Wes Edens to raise an additional $800 million for the project.