• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:22 AM, gotbeer said:

Oh FFS.  Not only will this not die.  But the dumbshit wants to spend even more to make it electric.

Despite Newsom’s high-speed rail plan, some on project’s board have other spending ideas

"What Newsom wants is a 171-mile operating line of electric-powered trains from Merced to Bakersfield as an interim step toward a statewide bullet-train system. To do that will require another $4.8 billion to not only extend the tracks and signal systems, but to buy the trains and build the electrical system to power those trains."

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not only is it not dead.  They are squabbling over how to waste it's money.

Skirmish Over High-Speed Rail Funds

laura friedman is from my district. thought she did okay on the glendale city council. not very impressed with her work in sacramento.

i still think the best option would be to cancel the high speed rail and instead add two traffic lanes in both directions on the 5 and the 99. far less costly. i can't imagine what the cost will be for commuters on a HSR that's boatloads over budget. there would also be the added cost of uber drivers or rental cars once you reached your destination.

53 minutes ago, Tank said:

laura friedman is from my district. thought she did okay on the glendale city council. not very impressed with her work in sacramento.

i still think the best option would be to cancel the high speed rail and instead add two traffic lanes in both directions on the 5 and the 99. far less costly. i can't imagine what the cost will be for commuters on a HSR that's boatloads over budget. there would also be the added cost of uber drivers or rental cars once you reached your destination.

Which is f^&*^ing Bakersfield I might add.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Have you driven through the La Mirada/Downey area lately? Like, in the last 10 years? They've been adding lanes to that section of the 5 since the early 2000s.

Just now, Taylor said:

Have you driven through the La Mirada/Downey area lately? Like, in the last 10 years? They've been adding lanes to that section of the 5 since the early 2000s.

The one I don't get is the 60/57 interchange.  They just did a major refit on it, that took years.  And now they are saying it's inadequate and needs to be improved, and they want more money in order to do it.  This is Calolfornia for you.  

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

yes, i have. speedy work is not a goal on this project.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

They're doing some shit on the 5 by my house. I shit you not the sign on the la paz on ramp says "Ramp will be closed intermittently through 2023"

check it again, adam. it was written with a sharpie pen, so blame st1ckboy.