• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Crazy Train news.

New plans for California high-speed rail

Nice environmental study.  Looks like it will be a cheap fix.

However, the city is concerned how this project will affect its plans to build more housing.

“As a city, we need high-speed rail to do a true alternative to their plans. There’s enough room in the existing transit right of way, public ownership right of way that they could reconfigure their tracks, they could put their tracks underground. They could put the station in the area of the existing Millbrae BART station,” said Tom Williams, city manager of Millbrae.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, gotbeer said:

New plans for California high-speed rail

Nice environmental study.  Looks like it will be a cheap fix.

by the time they finish building this unwanted and unnecessary rail, it's going to cost $300 to ride anywhere.

please, stop building it and just add another lane in each direction on the 5 and the 99.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

by the time they finish building this unwanted and unnecessary rail, it's going to cost $300 to ride anywhere.

please, stop building it and just add another lane in each direction on the 5 and the 99.

You’ll never convince me that this whole project hasn’t just been a slush fund for nearly 30 years. This reeks of, at the absolute best, pure incompetence. The fact that so many are still committed to a useless project seems to indicate far worse.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Nice, a rail from shithole to shithole which serves no metropolis or use as a work related hub. Next is a rail from Baker to Zzyzx. 

Now hold on there.  Baker has the worlds largest thermometer.  And recently, I found out they have something called lava tubes that I will be visiting next time I go by there.  And Zzyzx has no vowels.  

Bakersfield and Palmdale.  Cheap land and drugs is all that comes to mind.  Really where we should be building the homeless towers and housing the homeless.

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Now hold on there.  Baker has the worlds largest thermometer.  And recently, I found out they have something called lava tubes that I will be visiting next time I go by there.  And Zzyzx has no vowels.  

Bakersfield and Palmdale.  Cheap land and drugs is all that comes to mind.  Really where we should be building the homeless towers and housing the homeless.

Kevin McCarthy would love that. 

• 1 month later...

How many years into this boondoggle of a money sink are we into this?  and they still changing their route.

California High-Speed Rail Authority seeks permission for route changes

The first document seeks to reexamine an exemption granted for 65 miles of high-speed line between Merced and
Fresno, Calif. This is the first segment of line approved for construction. 

On 6/9/2015 at 9:44 PM, Tank said:

would love to have a bullet train running through the middle of the state. not sure what it would cost to ride it, but at this rate i gotta believe it's going to be like $500 one way just to pay for the stupid thing.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:54 PM, Tank said:

Looks like they are making progress!

• 1 month later...

California gets small share of infrastructure bill

California will receive about $45.5 billion from the infrastructure improvement legislation that Congress approved last week, which sounds like a lot of money.

From a relative standpoint, however, California’s allocation is small. At just over $1,200 per Californian, it’s one of the lowest of any state. States with relatively small populations, such as Alaska and Vermont, benefit the most on a per-resident basis.

And yet we pay the highest gas taxes in the nation that's supposed to be for roads.

Two-thirds of California’s share, about $30 billion over five years, is reserved for repairing roads, highways and bridges and we can certainly use it because, as the White House breakdown observes, “For decades, infrastructure in California has suffered from a systemic lack of investment.”

Another $9.45 billion (over five years) is ticketed “to improve public transportation options across the state.”

The new federal money could lubricate a compromise – using it to satisfy the legislative demands while giving the bullet train the $4.2 billion.

• 3 weeks later...