• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Explosion at Boston Marathon!

Wow, that's one of the White Supremacist bomb-making signatures.

Its actually a common practice in low grade bombs. As of 4:56 pm CNN reported that hospital doctors are pulling out ball bearings from victims.

My guess is Al Qaeda. The multiple blasts spaced apart is something they love to do. Saw it in Iraq almost all the time. If all the bombs are set off its to create mass panic, otherwise the secondary ones are placed to hit first responders.

I'm gonna say its homegrown Al Qaeda. Probably a white guy turned Islamic Extremist who knew today was Patriot Day in Boston.

CNN’s Nick Valencia is reporting that Boston police are on the lookout for a “darker skinned or black male” following today’s bombing at the Boston Marathon. Police were already on the alert for a yellow rental truck that was said to have been turned away from the race route.

Four friends in the area when this happened. One running in the marathon, had just crossed the finish line when the first bomb went off, unhurt. Three were spectators, one unhurt, two in fair condition at Mass General.

Wow. Hope your friends are okay.

Espn reporting 140 are injured.

Wow, this is a lot worse than I imagined. I went to get coffee with some friends earlier and ESPN was showing but I didn't think much of it cause at the time I was only hearing 2 were injured (at least that's what I thought I heard). This is tragic, hopefully the majority of them are as ok as can be.

That raw footage video gave me the chills then nausea. Just very disturbing. You can even see someone on the ground not moving at the bomb blast.

I like Cat's "have you ever been to a marathon?" like it's some normal Joe Blow weekend event like eating out or going to the movies.

I like Eric's post about blaming some skinhead group. They apparently are attacking government officials but decide this one time to divert from their mission to attack random civilians. Then states the bombs are their signature like frags or frag bombs are some unique item.

it wouldn't surprise me if the culprit had motives similar to those of that olympic bomber.

I agree at this point...

First off, my thoughts, prayers, and sympathy is with the victims, their families, and all the first-responders (paid and un-paid), and medical personnel; if not for all of these folks responding as Americans do, the count would be MUCH higher..

I think this is probly a home-grown incident for a couple of reasons..  AQ and other tango-idiots would be screaming for credit already.  The JTTF has said that there were no pre-incident indicators (chatter, etc.) prior to the incident to point to a terror cell.  Personally (through training and experience), these bombs didn't seem to be the size of a AQ/tango IED.  They seem to be more along the lines of pipe-bombs like our '96 Atlanta Olympic incident.  This may be proved incorrect tho, as the devices may have been shielded from their full-wield by the amount of people and other items crowded nearby.  If multiple-devices were found un-exploded nearby, that could show an AQ-type knowledge of using secondary-devices (targeting first-responders) or just a wish for over-kill with smaller devices.

Remember, that psychotic McVeigh planned a rather large homegrown incident with the help of a couple of friends... 

To the person/people who perpetrated this ultra-cowardly act:  Please don't take your own life when we find you; we will try to find a Judge to sentence you to a just end; locked standing to a pole in a blast-proof room, surrounded by similar devices.

Dang.  2 dead, 20+ wounded.  

All things considered.  We got off lucky.  Makes me think this is domestic, since it sounds like more of an explosive device than a bomb.  

I had no idea there was a difference?

Four friends in the area when this happened. One running in the marathon, had just crossed the finish line when the first bomb went off, unhurt. Three were spectators, one unhurt, two in fair condition at Mass General.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims of this heinous act of terror. It is hard to imagine the pain one endures as they embark on the path to recovery, and on those who experience it first hand with loved ones having been hurt or deceased.

Best wishes to you and your friends Vegas. I hope they make a speedy recovery.

The article also says they were in duffel bags.  As I said earlier people at a marathon carrying around backpacks and larger bags to hold items for runners and load up on the freebies after isn't unusual.  At the local marathons I've been to there's probably a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of fans to runners so there's a lot of people walking around.  I'm sure more details will come out but this also occurred near a hotel so seeing someone with luggage or a duffel bag isn't out of the ordinary or something people would generally think twice about.