• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Careers for Math Haters

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/careers_for_math-haters.htm?kid=1NZXT

Fail. They didn't mention the fast food field.

I was at MicD's last week and I gave the guy a ten and two ones for a $6+ bill so I would not endup with any more ones. He couldn't do it. He tried to give me the ones back and I told him I was trying to get avoid a bunch of ones. He continued to hesitate (and from the look on his face, push his sperical head through a triangular hole). I told him to just enter the amount I had given him and it would become more clear. He couldn't do it. He entered $10 into the machine and then proceeded to spend a minute (which is a very long time when your trying to be polite) trying  to figure out what to do about the change (which of course he messed up).

The funny thing is I realized as I drove off, the guy was probably thinking I was as stupid as I thought he was.

I once gave a cashier $7.01 for a $6.76 order and she handed me back the penny then gave me 24 cents change. I just smiled and dropped the pennies into the little give one/take one dish.

As a technical writer, I take exception to the notion that graphic designers don't need math. They at least need to know how to plot a graph to make something fit the page. It's right in the occupational title.

I will not comment on the inclusion of police officers in the article.

I will comment on it, then... lol

I struggled mightily with math and still do.  That's why I chose majors in History and Speech-Communication.  LE is perfect for me; to help those in need and enforce laws fairly.  I always try to put myself in others shoes, and always put my knowledge of History and Communication skills to use.

My interest in mathematics has risen since the college days too.  I really appreciate the way things work, and how things are built, so I investigate those processes to understand them better... and that always leads to a better understanding of the way mathematics affects things.

Of course, as an adult we live in a math world so I've had to learn the everyday mathematics of home-improvement, etc.  Bless the math-geeks, tho!

I will comment on it, then... lol

I struggled mightily with math and still do.  That's why I chose majors in History and Speech-Communication.  LE is perfect for me; to help those in need and enforce laws fairly.  I always try to put myself in others shoes, and always put my knowledge of History and Communication skills to use.

My interest in mathematics has risen since the college days too.  I really appreciate the way things work, and how things are built, so I investigate those processes to understand them better... and that always leads to a better understanding of the way mathematics affects things.

Of course, as an adult we live in a math world so I've had to learn the everyday mathematics of home-improvement, etc.  Bless the math-geeks, tho!

If you like home improvement, you should checkout this site and it's forums.

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/

A lot of good people and worthwhile info there.

When I worked at McDonalds we had a pad of paper and a tax table. After about 5 shifts at "the window" taking orders I didn't need the tax table or the pad of paper. Imagine how incredibly slow a McDonalds would be now without computer registers.

I wish more emphasis was placed on mental math. I've tried to encourage my daughter to do more of it, but without much success. Next year she'll be in algebra, and I think it'll be tough for her.

I can't begin to tell you how many student workers I've had who needed to write out things like 28-8=20 in order to write a score on a paper they were grading.

Eons ago when the sales tax was only 5% my dad could usually figure out the total for the bill in his head before the chick at the register could do it with her chart and cash register. It was pretty simple, really, yet they were always amazed.

If you can't do calculus, that's fine. But everyone should be able to do simple math without a calculator.

I was in the library yesterday and there was this girl who was trying to figure out what times 9 equals 63. She guessed 9 at first, then 8. And I go to the same school as her

If you can't do calculus, that's fine. But everyone should be able to do simple math without a calculator.

I was in the library yesterday and there was this girl who was trying to figure out what times 9 equals 63. She guessed 9 at first, then 8. And I go to the same school as her

Maybe if you tutor her in math she'll help you with English.

two instances come to mind:

a cashier at snow summit: the register broke and she wrote down the prices on a piece of paper and just stared at it...

another cashier, this time at Cocos, her shift ended in 20 minutes and she couldn't figure it out without pointing at the numbers of the clock and going 5 10 15 20