• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels have acquired OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis from the Mets for cash

I like the move. If Dipoto can make something of this guy then he deserves to keep his job, if this guy sucks like everybody else on this team then Dipoto should be fired. This is HIS chance to make something. He should be able to outsmart the competition or else he is of no use as our GM.

O and colin cowgil is headed for the DL so that's why they made a move for another OFer, there's plenty of roster space on this team.

Edited by Hardc0reFromDaStreetz

either eat the season. Go down with what you have and wait till free agency

Or pay a ton and give up a ton at the deadine

Only 2 choices here

Wait til free agency?  So we can give out another 10 year contract to some hack who will come here and stink it up?  I dont see that happening, not after Arte lost his temper and shipped Hamilton off to Texas.  

If were still in it I dont see why we wouldnt trade for the best bat available.  With Pujols declining I guess that means our window of opportunity must be closing right?

Wait til free agency? So we can give out another 10 year contract to some hack who will come here and stink it up? I dont see that happening, not after Arte lost his temper and shipped Hamilton off to Texas.

If were still in it I dont see why we wouldnt trade for the best bat available. With Pujols declining I guess that means our window of opportunity must be closing right?

Who would you like to get and what do you think we would have to give up?

Wasn't it the "window is closing argument" that got is one of the worst far may stems in the mlb?

Wait til free agency? So we can give out another 10 year contract to some hack who will come here and stink it up? I dont see that happening, not after Arte lost his temper and shipped Hamilton off to Texas.

If were still in it I dont see why we wouldnt trade for the best bat available. With Pujols declining I guess that means our window of opportunity must be closing right?

Who would you like to get and what do you think we would have to give up?

Somebody who can post a decent OPS, someone who preferably already plays in the AL so we dont have to deal with another Pujols suckage experiment.  

Im not the GM, nor do I have any clue whats out there.  But id rather not give anything away then to pick up some hack like Ben Rever or Kirk whatever his name is.

I would actually be quite pissed off if this scrub takes time from Green.

Never heard of him before today, and now looking at his career stats I wish I still had never heard of him. However, what has Green ever done in the majors? He certainly didn't make the most of his opportunity today, in fact he looked rather overmatched. I'll give him a few at bats more before pronouncing judgement. He has done well in the minors, but has been rather undistinguished in the big leagues.

Didn't Nieuwenhuis have a really hot stretch a year or two ago? I remember he had a walk-off HR during that stretch

Yep. He was one of those Mets players like Ike Davis, Justin Turner or Josh Satin who was brought up quickly through the minors, did well for the Mets for a stretch, hit a roadblock and was basically written off. Davis and Turner are both doing significantly better away from the Mets; hope Niewenhuis will follow suit.