• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles $15 Minimum Wage

How many minimum wage jobs still actually offer 40 hours a week? 

I don't know, how many were 40 hours back then?  I never worked a 40-hour minimum wage job.  A lot of kids were part timers who worked on the weekends, especially in retail.

I don't know, how many were 40 hours back then?  I never worked a 40-hour minimum wage job.  A lot of kids were part timers who worked on the weekends, especially in retail.

I don't think there's ever been a huge number of full time minimum wage workers. For all those part timers this is just  nice raise. the ones who will probably suffer are the ones who were getting full time at a bit above minimum and will likely get their hours reduced now. If we really want to help the lowest earners then we need to do something about the flooded market of low end laborers. Either cut the labor force by cutting the number of illegals (something they've shown no desire to do), or creating more jobs in the tiers above minimum (which they've been eliminating for years) so more skilled workers actually have jobs that fit their skill level.

Since we love anecdotal evidence, when I was at K-Mart I was working 40 hours a week.  Of course, it was at $3.50/hour which was $0.15 above minimum wage.

Since we love anecdotal evidence, when I was at K-Mart I was working 40 hours a week.  Of course, it was at $3.50/hour which was $0.15 above minimum wage.

So now we know why you joined the military

I don't think there's ever been a huge number of full time minimum wage workers. For all those part timers this is just  nice raise. the ones who will probably suffer are the ones who were getting full time at a bit above minimum and will likely get their hours reduced now. If we really want to help the lowest earners then we need to do something about the flooded market of low end laborers. Either cut the labor force by cutting the number of illegals (something they've shown no desire to do), or creating more jobs in the tiers above minimum (which they've been eliminating for years) so more skilled workers actually have jobs that fit their skill level.

this is so true but it will never happen because it actually requires effort.

Instead they will keep creating these false wages until either one of two things happen.  Either the constant push on the employer will finally push a lot of these companies over the edge or inflation will occur and still it will be the lower and middle class that gets screwed.

The people making $15 an hour now will not be happy with that wage when this hike takes effect. Their wages will have to be increased as well (or they will get terminated). In fact, everyone's wages will go up.

But of course, none of the supporters of this law will acknowledge it's inflationary effect, or that it will result in job cuts. And Garcetti will be able to trump this as Exhibit A when be runs for re-election, which is really all that matters.

It was surprisingly roomy and I was incredibly skinny at the time. I can still get in and out of one, unlike an MG Midget or Austin Healey Sprite.

I drove it more like the guys in The Italian Job with the Mini Coopers. In fact it had Mini Cooper racing mags that made it corner like a go cart and it was almost as fast. As a go cart, not a mini Cooper.

I had a 0-60 race with my friend that was driving a FIAT 850 Sedan and lost badly. Afterwards we found out that his Fiat was handicapped with a blown valve. Road & track got a zero to 60 time of 18.5 seconds. I think they were going downhill.

It might just fit. At our high school they put up poles so no one could drive anything but the janitor Cushman maintenance cart through the school. Guess what I got in trouble for doing?

Discussing zucchini with Dean Wormers wife?