• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols Needs to Retire

Trout is hitting .291/.389/.560 on the year and is 4th in the majors in WAR, so he gets a pass. That said, there are some concerns - but it is mainly the "flaws in Eden" -  that he isn't really any better than last year, despite the reduction in Ks, and it looks like he may no longer be a .300 hitter, let alone a .320 hitter. But I can live with .290/.950 and an 8+ WAR. In other words, we might have to live with Trout merely being the best player in baseball, rather than the best player in baseball by a huge margin.

What I can't live with is the butthurt on this forum when people realize that Bryce Harper is may be a better hitter.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Yeah, Harper has certainly proved that over the last 3 years.

But let's not derail a perfectly good Pujols Sucks thread with Bryce "Was that a wall?" Harper.

35 games doesn't prove that Harper is a better batsman, but everyone knew he'd break out at some point and this looks to be it. He is immensely talented and, I think, will be an overall better hitter than Trout going forward, although Trout will have the overall edge due to his defense and speed. IMO.

But yeah, back to Pujols. He sux.

Trout is hitting .291/.389/.560 on the year and is 4th in the majors in WAR, so he gets a pass. That said, there are some concerns - but it is mainly the "flaws in Eden" -  that he isn't really any better than last year, despite the reduction in Ks, and it looks like he may no longer be a .300 hitter, let alone a .320 hitter. But I can live with .290/.950 and an 8+ WAR. In other words, we might have to live with Trout merely being the best player in baseball, rather than the best player in baseball by a huge margin.

What I can't live with is the butthurt on this forum when people realize that Bryce Harper is may be a better hitter.

It's waaayyyy too early in the year to think anyone's batting average has stabilized... 

Its so funny we I see someone post about their concerns about Trout so far this year. His current OBP, SLG, and OPS are all at or better than last year and he really hasn't been hitting all that well.

Yeah his Ks are down, he's on pace for about 40 HRs and 28 SBs... yeah, I'm worried too.