• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: No change in talks between Angels and Huston Street

No clue. This organization eagerly gives a guy 20+ Million dollars a season to snort coke and not hit home runs, and then you want to give a runaround to the best closer we've had in a decade?

For Christs sake Arte and Dipoto, get it together!

Well, you know, all that blow is expensive... Huston's expenses are just lower.

If you read the story you'd see one likely reason.

wasting your breath jeff. we're in season, the shit must hit the fan or we don't know what to do with ourselves. the offseason is when cooler heads prevail. mostly. sometimes.

If you read the story you'd see one likely reason.

If you stopped assuming I didn't read the story you might realize I'm asking what the holdup is despite that. Whatever's going on with Hamilton, it isn't a reason to drag out negotiations with a closer who has proven his worth. This org has no problem giving ridiculous contracts to players who aren't worth them and undervaluing the ones who are. Street is asking for between $9 - $11 million/year, basically. That's fair, and it's only a slight bump up from the $7 million he's getting. The front office really can't find a way to do that, regardless of Hamilton's salary black hole?

Edited by AngelsSurfer

If you stopped assuming I didn't read the story you might realize I'm asking what the holdup is despite that. Whatever's going on with Hamilton, it isn't a reason to drag out negotiations with a closer who has proven his worth. This org has no problem giving ridiculous contracts to players who aren't worth them and undervaluing the ones who are. Street is asking for between $9 - $11 million/year, basically. That's fair, and it's only a slight bump up from the $7 million he's getting. The front office really can't find a way to do that, regardless of Hamilton's salary black hole?

I don't think Hamilton's salary is the issue. I think it's the time Hamilton is taking from Dipoto.

I don't think Hamilton's salary is the issue. I think it's the time Hamilton is taking from Dipoto.

That seems like a pretty weak excuse, really.  He's the General Manager of a major league baseball team.  He can multi-task.  If his days are so eaten up with dealing with the Hamilton situation that he literally can't do anything else, then something has gone horribly wrong.

That seems like a pretty weak excuse, really.  He's the General Manager of a major league baseball team.  He can multi-task.  If his days are so eaten up with dealing with the Hamilton situation that he literally can't do anything else, then something has gone horribly wrong.

i'd say it's pretty clear that something has gone horribly wrong.

I agree with that. So the Hamilton debacle is such that it's all Dipoto and Moreno can think about all day, every day and they don't have time to negotiate with any of the other players on the roster? That's kind of insane. 

Hopefully the Angels have finally learned their lesson about not paying for past success. Street is almost 32, let some other team pay big money for his decline.

Normally yes, but in this case Street is the type of reliever (relying on mixture of pitches) who could well be solid into his late 30s, ala Uehara.

Normally yes, but in this case Street is the type of reliever (relying on mixture of pitches) who could well be solid into his late 30s, ala Uehara.

Plus, he's not asking for a ridiculous salary or timespan. He's asking for four years at a reasonable salary well within the parameters they give to other long-term, steady players.