• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just Albert being Albert

Chuck

Besides this great human interest story, I have to say how impressed I've been with him this spring, hitting the ball hard, hitting all over the field, turning his quick hands on the ball--that grand slam was AWESOME, he looks leaner, more comfortable, and I love that he's happy and messing around with the other players. He just looks comfortable for the first time. It might all mean nothing, but I'm looking forward to this season and him in the lineup. 

No surprise Claude hasn't posted in here. It doesn't quite fit his narrative.

Come on MT. It's a nice heart warming story but there are plenty of stories you can look up online where he was rude to countless fans. I kinda lost interest in the Pujols thing when his wife said that she was mad at God when the Cardinals only offered him 5 / $130M. Kinda over the top IMHO.

Come on MT. It's a nice heart warming story but there are plenty of stories you can look up online where he was rude to countless fans. I kinda lost interest in the Pujols thing when his wife said that she was mad at God when the Cardinals only offered him 5 / $130M. Kinda over the top IMHO.

Dude just stay away from positive threads like this, it shows you to be a much worse person than you really are. You take bitterness to an entirely different level.

He was called out. It you don't want him in the thread don't call him out by name.

I didn't, but then when he did come in he was his negative self as it relates to a player he doesn't like. Despite the fact that that player is probably the player that best respresents the Angels off the field. Not to mention one of the reasons he hates these players is because they aren't as charitable with their times as guys like Hunter. So yea, I will call him out when he comes in this thread and instead of just saying good job Albert, he comes off like a jilted lover.

Oh brother, now Claude is Candyman.

What is this, 4th grade?  I double dog dare you.........................

I had no intention of entering or highjacking this thread but since you invited me in I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't attack other posters personally for their views here. I don't drink the Pujols Kool Aid for reasons that I have in meeting him face to face. I also don't try to tell other posters not to like Albert Pujols.

I had no intention of entering or highjacking this thread but since you invited me in I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't attack other posters personally for their views here. I don't drink the Pujols Kool Aid for reasons that I have in meeting him face to face. I also don't try to tell other posters not to like Albert Pujols.

It's true man, Pujols comes off very egotistical in person. I met him once at spring training, and the dude is kind of a grouchy dick honestly. He rarely if ever signs autographs for more than a few minutes and has a pissed off attitude when signing

Edited by Butcher'd

It's true man, Pujols comes off very egotistical in person. I met him once at spring training, and the dude is kind of a grouchy dick honestly. He rarely if ever signs autographs for more than a few minutes and has a pissed off attitude when signing

Well I didn't really have any intention to tear him up in this thread but yea......

Just read what Jeff Pearlman a Stl Cardinals beat writer had to say about him and his treatment of people. Even his Cards teammates were embarrassed by his actions.

Edited by CALZONE

You guys need to separate the player, the human, from their availability to sign baseballs and memorabilia from old dudes, while in uniform. 

I'm sorry, but if I'm a Major League Baseball player, I'm only signing for kids, the handicapped, cute chicks and older ladies.

Weirdos (mostly collectors) have ruined this experience for every normal dude, baseball man out there. 

GET OVER IT. 

Albert has proven himself over time that he's not only one of the greatest on the field, but an exceptional human being that has done a lot for others less fortunate in the community, for kids born with down syndrome. 

To me, an experience a fan has with a player shouldn't dictate what type of human being they are. They are paid to play the game, then go home and be there for their family, be available to the community who is lacking. 

I'm sorry you had a bad run in with Pujols, Claude. I too had a experience with Darin Erstad and Reggie Jackson, but to this day, they're still two of my favorite players. I have always refused to judge them based on these isolated experiences because I know they're busy, they have a life and they are most likely good people until proven otherwise. 

Chuck, I don't doubt that he's ultimately a good person, and I respect that. I just wish Albert would connect with the fans a bit more. Being such a highly paid athlete, I feel he needs to take on more of a 'face of the organization' type role than he does.  In spring training these guys don't have much responsibility - let's be honest. They show up, take some BP, play 3 innings, take a few grounders, then leave. It'd be nice if he was a bit more sincere in giving back to the fans that came to see him. just my opinion, and this will be my last post so I don't derail the thread any further