• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just Albert being Albert

Chuck

Chuck, I don't doubt that he's ultimately a good person, and I respect that. I just wish Albert would connect with the fans a bit more. Being such a highly paid athlete, I feel he needs to take on more of a 'face of the organization' type role than he does.  In spring training these guys don't have much responsibility - let's be honest. They show up, take some BP, play 3 innings, take a few grounders, then leave. It'd be nice if he was a bit more sincere in giving back to the fans that came to see him. just my opinion, and this will be my last post so I don't derail the thread any further

They connect with the fans when they hit home runs, or just help the team win. 

St. Louis fans feel much differently toward Pujols than most Angels fans. They love him, even though he accepted more money to leave their team. 

there was a complete dick who called in to 710 ESPN this morning.

said he showed up for opening day at safeco in his cards jersey so he could boo Freese and Pujols.  Pujols I can understand maybe a little, but Freese?  he got traded.  come on.  

Sounds like a dick. 

I would never go pay to watch a game just to boo someone. 

Chuck, I don't doubt that he's ultimately a good person, and I respect that. I just wish Albert would connect with the fans a bit more. Being such a highly paid athlete, I feel he needs to take on more of a 'face of the organization' type role than he does. In spring training these guys don't have much responsibility - let's be honest. They show up, take some BP, play 3 innings, take a few grounders, then leave. It'd be nice if he was a bit more sincere in giving back to the fans that came to see him. just my opinion, and this will be my last post so I don't derail the thread any further

totally agree and understand that opinion, but im kind of with chuck on this one. It would be nice if every player was great with fans, but to be fair, im sure those guys (especially the big named ones) get hit up constantly by people to sign. After awhile im sure that gets very old.

End of the day, remember, you and i arent paying them. Arte is. We're paying arte. They dont 'work for us'. Just to be clear, i wish theyd be more approachable, but i understand why a lot of them arent.

what ever happened to scott? He disappeared, and all the sudden pujols started playing better and hetting healthy..

Whoever on this website killed him and got rid of the body, i salute you

Ha. He got excepted to a nice college and has been studying his ass off. He also started writing (initially, not sure if anymore) for another Blog. 

Wish him the best. 

totally agree and understand that opinion, but im kind of with chuck on this one. It would be nice if every player was great with fans, but to be fair, im sure those guys (especially the big named ones) get hit up constantly by people to sign. After awhile im sure that gets very old.

End of the day, remember, you and i arent paying them. Arte is. We're paying arte. They dont 'work for us'. Just to be clear, i wish theyd be more approachable, but i understand why a lot of them arent.

ITA. I think it's wonderful when the players are "fan-friendly" and take the time to talk and sign autographs - when they're nice, they're giving the fans a memorable experience that they will cherish for a long time. I appreciate the meet and greet sorts of events where the players sign at a table, which are set up to be positive experiences for both the players and the fans.

A friend of mine is in a profession where she is recognized and asked for autographs a lot, and she's told me that people have gotten angry and started insulting her because she wanted to sign one item for each person, and not ten. Or they've been very forward or creepy. The professional autograph hounds who just want to sell stuff on eBay come back again and again. Unfortunately the players probably deal with that sort of crap too, and I can understand how it would make them pull back. Plus, everyone has days where they're not as friendly because they're just not feeling good or have something important on their mind.

And there are other people who are "fan friendly" and always stop and sign, but are absolutely miserable, evil dicks to the people they work with.

With players like Albert, I think the proof is in the overall analysis what they do. By all accounts Albert's a great teammate and a good guy off the field. That's what it's about.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

ITA. I think it's wonderful when the players are "fan-friendly" and take the time to talk and sign autographs - when they're nice, they're giving the fans a memorable experience that they will cherish for a long time. I appreciate the meet and greet sorts of events where the players sign at a table, which are set up to be positive experiences for both the players and the fans.

A friend of mine is in a professional where she is asked for autographs a lot, and she's told me that people have gotten angry and started insulting her because she wanted to sign one item, not ten. Or they've been very forward or creepy. The professional autograph hounds who just want to sell stuff on eBay come back again and again. Unfortunately the players probably deal with that sort of crap too, and I can understand how it would make them pull back. Plus. everyone has days where they're not as friendly because they're just not feeling good or have something important on their mind.

And there are other people who are "fan friendly" and always stop and sign, but are absolutely miserable, evil dicks to the people they work with. - so the fact that someone signs doesn't mean they're nice at all.

With players like Albert, I think the proof is in the overall analysis what they do. By all accounts Albert's a great teammate and a good guy off the field. That's what it's about.

Good point angelsurfer

Like chuck said, a lot of the professional autograph flippers probably ruined it for a lot of people. And lets be honest, im sure none of us would want the daily interruption of people stopping you for pictures and autographs. We all think we would, but im sure it would get real old.

Shit...i have neighbors i speed past when i can tell they want to talk. And they leave me candy at christmas.

What about men and women who serve in the military?

Chuck, why do you hate America?

Ha, good point. Definitely anyone serving in the military as well. I have nothing but respect for anyone who serves our country.