• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yahoo Pujols Article

Hubs

He sure seems (going back to last year) happier to be hear. Ive heard some avcuse him of being jealous of trout, but thats not the case at all. He respects the hell out of trout. And if hes healthy, the two of them are a pretty amazing combo

Still wish we had one more badass to hit behind them

Ive been saying it all offseason but nobody listens.

Our offense after Calhoun/Trout/Pujols is pretty pathetic.  Who the heck is our cleanup hitter?  FREESE?!  :lol:

Our offense after Calhoun/Trout/Pujols is pretty pathetic. Who the heck is our cleanup hitter? FREESE?! :lol:

Hopefully cron. And the good news is is that a .260/.330/470 performance from him would be huge. Doesnt have to set the world on fire, just another guy who can every 5 games or so break one open with a 3 run jack and give the bullpen a lead to hold when trout/pujols have an off night

Our offense after Calhoun/Trout/Pujols is pretty pathetic. Who the heck is our cleanup hitter? FREESE?! :lol:

We have one bat to replace at this point, and that's Kendrick. It's not like Hamilton was some sort of god last year.

Just in case you forgot, the Angels scored more runs than any other team in major league baseball last year and just like you're doing now, you whined about the team the whole way through.

Give it a rest.

We lose a .290 10 HR hitter and suddenly our offense goes from the best in the league to "pathetic after #3 spot"?

Doubtful.

I think Trout, Freese and Calhoun all have better seasons. I think Cron busts out for .275 25 HR's and the Joyce-Cowgill combo in LF actually ends up being better than what Ham gave the Angels last season.

The Angels offense should still be top 5 in baseball. Lots of good underrated hitters like Aybar, Iannetta, Calhoun and Freese.

We have one bat to replace at this point, and that's Kendrick. It's not like Hamilton was some sort of god last year.

Just in case you forgot, the Angels scored more runs than any other team in major league baseball last year and just like you're doing now, you whined about the team the whole way through.

Give it a rest.

Haha oh yeah, thanks for enlightening me.  How could I forget we led the majors in runs last year.  I wish I was as smart as you, otherwise I would have remembered that.  

Now remind me again how that worked out in October.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Haha oh yeah, thanks for enlightening me.  How could I forget we led the majors in runs last year.  I wish I was as smart as you, otherwise I would have remembered that.  

Now remind me again how that worked out in October.

so if we are basing how we construct the team relative to those three playoff games we should trade Trout, release Pujols and pretty much every other player on the team and build the offense around Aybar.  

so if we are basing how we construct the team relative to those three playoff games we should trade Trout, release Pujols and pretty much every other player on the team and build the offense around Aybar.  

Im not saying trade the whole team because they didnt perform for 3 games.  But our offense is too dependent on one guy.  

Do you think leading the league in runs had anything to do with the fact that we had the guy who was number 1 in RBI and Runs scored?  One guy cant win you a playoff series.  

Im not saying trade the whole team because they didnt perform for 3 games.  But our offense is too dependent on one guy.  

Do you think leading the league in runs had anything to do with the fact that we had the guy who was number 1 in RBI and Runs scored?  One guy cant win you a playoff series.  

RBI and runs scored should not be individual stats. They do not occur in a vacuum. Trout had all those RBI because runners were on base in front of him. He had all those runs scored because hitters behind him drove him in.

You can't score 100 runs without help, and you can't drive in 100 without help.

Ah, the good old "If we didn't have the best player in baseball on our team, our team would be worse" argument.

You're a freaking genious.