• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

God Help Us All

MT

I don't disagree with you in theory, that's why I think we need to be creative in how we look at this problem. While the best long term answer is to move away from a carbon based economy as quickly as possible, it also is not necessarily realistic. That doesn't mean we should be looking to do this expediently, but we need to understand that we need to try and minimize impacts on the economy, jobs, etc. where possible. That is why I can't fathom we aren't investing billions in alternative energy/technology. yes, some may fail...but the US has the chance to be a leader in this area and build a new industries...jobs...good paying jobs...in these technologies and industries.

We also need to understand the costs associated with not acting. In the short term there may be financial hits...jobs lost (like killing Keystone pipeline...like the Canucks run that foul pipeline through their own backyard)...coal jobs may be lost...but look at the costs related to extreme weather. In 20-30 years is the sea levels rise as some project...that is trillions of dollars.

These are the type of things we should be talking about, planning for...not idiots with snowballs or calling Al Gore fat.

I will never agree with the "how much good can we do if others won't bother to help out."  For one thing, the hole in the ozone has been shrinking thanks to many nations doing their part to limit CFCs.  We were once world leaders, we should be that again.  "Change starts with a single step."

There are a lot of problems with the climate change debate.  One big problem is that it is political.  Conservatives ignore/scoff at it because in order for us to address it, we have to implement regulations that would cost businesses money and take away from their bottom line.  Liberals on the other hand are so nuts about it they want to save every last leaf no matter what the cost.

Then there is the fact that in the 90's some climate scientists and activists faked data to try to get the public's attention.  Despite the fact that there was real scientific data to 

As long as it is a part of a political agenda, sadly I do not think much will be done about it.

"Music is interesting. I grew up listening to classic rock. And I'll tell you sort of an odd story: My music tastes changed on 9/11. I actually intellectually find this very curious, but on 9/11, I didn't like how rock music responded," Cruz said on CBS's "This Morning" when asked about his music tastes.

So, it would appear that Ted Cruz stopped listening to classic rock because they didn't respond well to 9/11?

He was miffed that John Lennon and George Harrison never collaborated on a song in memory of the Twin Towers.

Exactly

DC is one of our states.  Wonder if he will sign up with us.

By the way, depending on when his wife lost coverage, he might not even be eligible.  You only have 60 days after loss of coverage to sign up for a new plan, otherwise you have to wait until 2016 open enrollment.

It is a stunt so he can moan about the plans deficiencies.

Or a strategic move to give him "standing" with the courts in case he sues to overturn Obamacare. The courts have usually struck down these lawsuits due to lack of standing. He now has a dog in the fight.

Edited by fan_since79

It is a stunt so he can moan about the plans deficiencies.

Or a strategic move to give him "standing" with the courts in case he sues to overturn Obamacare. The courts have usually struck down these lawsuits due to lack of standing. He now has a dog in the fight.

both valid points that i hadn't yet considered.