• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kris Bryant

I wish something could be done to avoid situations like this.  He should be starting the season with the Cubs, but he won't be because they don't want to start his clock.  I don't blame them... it is advantageous to do so. 

To me, this is a bigger issue than "pace of play'.  Every team should be putting their best team on the field on opening day.

I wish something could be done to avoid situations like this.  He should be starting the season with the Cubs, but he won't be because they don't want to start his clock.  I don't blame them... it is advantageous to do so. 

To me, this is a bigger issue than "pace of play'.  Every team should be putting their best team on the field on opening day.

pretty much.  

tacking on another month or six weeks that the team would have to wait would solve the problem.  I don't blame the cubs at all.  

Iif the halos had Bryant and they were in their current position otherwise ie trying to win a division, I would absolutely want them to start Bryant in the minors.

But the think that really hurts Bryant in this case is Scott Boras being his agent.  Boras cllent rarely, if ever, sign extensions.  If he had an agent that you could go to in a couple of years and work out a deal, then the extra service time would be less of a big deal.  Boras' mo has hurt his client in this case.  

I don't get it, why not start him?

pretty much.

tacking on another month or six weeks that the team would have to wait would solve the problem. I don't blame the cubs at all.

Iif the halos had Bryant and they were in their current position otherwise ie trying to win a division, I would absolutely want them to start Bryant in the minors.

But the think that really hurts Bryant in this case is Scott Boras being his agent. Boras cllent rarely, if ever, sign extensions. If he had an agent that you could go to in a couple of years and work out a deal, then the extra service time would be less of a big deal. Boras' mo has hurt his client in this case.

I don't think Bora's being his agent is going to hurt him nearly as much as it's going to hurt the Cubs. Yes, they're a big market team, but if all their top young guys like him and Addison Russell pan out, they're going to be forking out a lot of cash to keep them around.

Hey Adam dunn has had a good career, it's not like I'm saying he will bust. I just believe that prospects are extremely overhyped, especially "big name" ones, the fact is great players don't come around very often.

Btw, mike trout struck out about half as much in the minors are Bryant has, all while being 2-3 years younger at the same levels

I remember when JT Snow was hitting monster bombs in March and April. Was in the minors after a few months. And while a decent player at best, no Mike Trout.

This kid looks legit, but Cubs fans want it all this year. They got Maddon. They got free agents. They have great prospects that look ready.

Even after 110 years or whatever, they still don't have any patience. I expect to see the Cubs bandwagon in full force this season, especially here in Socal.

Hey Adam dunn has had a good career, it's not like I'm saying he will bust. I just believe that prospects are extremely overhyped, especially "big name" ones, the fact is great players don't come around very often.

Btw, mike trout struck out about half as much in the minors are Bryant has, all while being 2-3 years younger at the same levels

Uh, yeah. Well if you look Bryant has a higher minor league OPS (150 point higher slugging %) and twice as many home runs in 100 less games.