• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stephen A. Smith: 'What I dream is that for one election ... every black person in America vote Republican'

I know he is Stephen A Smith and it's about race but...he's right.  Or at the very least he has identified the correct problem and has a potential solution for it.

The Republican party doesn't concern itself with "black issues" because that demographic would never vote for them.

The Democratic party doesn't concern itself with "black issues" because that demographic would never vote for Republicans.

Until the above is resolved they will continue to be taken for granted.

Just increasing the stupidity of basing your vote on a letter following the name.

As if there really is a difference.

I know this really bothers you, but is there a better way?

I generally know for certain that if someone has an "I" by their name, they'll get about 65 votes total and lose.

And if they have a "D" by their name, they'll probably have some hair-brained idea as to how they want to tax me more and give my hard-earned money to someone who will spend it on rims, a sound system, and/or metallic paint job for their car, all while lecturing me on how I need to pay my "fair share."

So I am left with nothing but an "R." And even though that "R" isn't always (or ever) a good choice, it beats the "I" and "D."

How do you suggest people vote?

Edited by wopphil

The biggest question is how do we fix the system? Unfortunatley it has worked this way for so long and people are just comfortable with it the way it is. Fundamentaly I think Republicans and Democrats are different but the end result of their tenures in office is the same. It seems like they are in some competition and they must win no matter what and we end up with the short of the stick.

with intelligence, research, background and work. Vote as if it actually mattered to you. Like it was one of your cases.

I can spend time doing all that, or just punch my ticket for the guy with the "R," knowing he will be slightly less of an ass than the guy with the "D," and may have a fighting chance of winning (unlike the guy with the "I").

I can spend time doing all that, or just punch my ticket for the guy with the "R," knowing he will be slightly less of an ass than the guy with the "D," and may have a fighting chance of winning (unlike the guy with the "I").

I'd rather keep my dignity and vote for someone I actually believe in. But hey, that's just me.

Edited by Lawrence

with intelligence, research, background and work.  Vote as if it actually mattered to you.  Like it was one of your cases.

Th troubling part of this equation s that after we've done our homework on the candidates, when they take office it's immediately right in to voting the party line. This is where it's broken.

What happened to men and women of conscience and courage? Why aren't they willing to stand up for what is in our best interests, even if they stand alone?

I hope you never criticized somebody for voting for Obama just because he was black.