• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Brewers (3/5)

Spirit

I would change around spots 6-8.

Iannetta

Aybar

We need Iannetta's somewhat power and rock solid OBP higher than 8th.

Keeping Aybar in front of Cron allows Aybar to steal and take 3rd on a single a little more often.

I agree with all these changes.  What the hell is Scioscia thinking?

*** I actually don't really care, but I am just getting ready for the season.  It is our time to practice and get ready too!

Perhaps Scioscia's reasoning regarding Aybar then Cron then Iannetta is this:

Aybar is a decent enough hitter to be batting sixth. 

Cron has good power but low OBP. It wouldn't be shocking for an inning to end (or go big) after a Cron at bat. 

This means that Iannetta will likely lead off a decent amount of innings. If he does lead off and draws a walk, Rutledge can move him over to second, then Calhoun and more importantly Trout will have the chance to bring him in. 

Just my thoughts. 

Perhaps Scioscia's reasoning regarding Aybar then Cron then Iannetta is this:

Aybar is a decent enough hitter to be batting sixth. 

Cron has good power but low OBP. It wouldn't be shocking for an inning to end (or go big) after a Cron at bat. 

This means that Iannetta will likely lead off a decent amount of innings. If he does lead off and draws a walk, Rutledge can move him over to second, then Calhoun and more importantly Trout will have the chance to bring him in. 

Just my thoughts. 

Interesting take. My analysis of the line-up is this: IT'S F***ING SPRING TRAINING!!