• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (4/10)

Chimi

I made a comment last year on how I don't believe Dipoto has done that great of a job and my opinion really hasn't changed from this.  He's invested a lot into an aging core that missed the playoffs last year and is set up to miss this year.

Did you see what he inherited?  It's the product of giving the manager autonomy of a franchise for 15 years.  If you have 3 years, like most GMs, to turn around a franchise with a barren farm system, what would you do?

What's dumb is blaming Scoiscia for a team that Dipoto put together. God couldn't manage this team any better with the way their performing on the field.

Why not put a little blame on the hitting coach?

Dipoto has been trying to fill the holes that Reagins left us.

Why not put a little blame on the ENTIRE coaching staff? This team has the pieces now. Dipoto has gotten the pieces. But they are utterly and wholly unprepared on a daily basis. THAT is on the coaching staff.

Dipoto has been trying to fill the holes that Reagins left us.

Why not put a little blame on the ENTIRE coaching staff? This team has the pieces now. Dipoto has gotten the pieces. But they are utterly and wholly unprepared on a daily basis. THAT is on the coaching staff.

You know crap about what goes on before or after the games.

I made a comment last year on how I don't believe Dipoto has done that great of a job and my opinion really hasn't changed from this.  He's invested a lot into an aging core that missed the playoffs last year and is set up to miss this year.

I think he's done more good than bad so far, but if they fail to make the postseason again this year, he'll be feeling some pressure and rightfully so. He tailored this team and its pitching around the elite OF D + their home park. So far, the pitching looks like a red flag and the pen doesn't look any improved over last season. It will be hard for them to trade for reinforcements come the trade deadline because they don't have anymore pieces in their farm after the last few deals they've made

As far as Scioscia goes, he just looks zoned out these days. Managing for as long as he has takes its toll and I just wonder if its time for him to take a few years off or to at least just move on. Might be best for both sides