• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weird Cat Dilemma

So my wife and I have 2 cats. We are waiting until we've boughten a home to get a dog, so in the meantime we have 2 low maintenance cats. Well a few weeks ago he was missing for almost 2 full weeks. Towards the end we had both started to give into the idea that maybe he had died. He finally came home on New Years Eve and we were very happy.

Then we discovered he had an insane sneeze and was very tired and lethargic. So we took him to the vet and they gave us medicine to give him and we have to give it to him twice a day, so we kept him inside to make sure we could give it to him. A week later, we let him outside. This is where it gets odd.

He comes home with a collar around his neck! Someone has been feeding him and taking care of him. I called the number on the tag and it was an old man who lives on a different street but I can see his house from mine. Apparently he lets him inside and feeds him and let's him stay until he wants to go outside.

Here's the dilemma. He took him to the vet and spent $240 on the cat. And he has pretty much figured he was adopting this cat. He lives alone and seems a bit lonely as one might expect. He insists we don't need to pay him back. Obviously we can't stop Trout (the cats name) from going over there so we don't care about any of that. But now the guy is out money and a cat.

We have considered getting him a cat, giving him money or just taking him out to dinner one night. I feel bad for the guy.

After the snide cat remarks, do you have any suggestions of what to do for the man?

We went and talked to him about it. He feeds all the neighborhood cats with wet food so of course he's the popular hangout. We just asked that he doesn't keep him for long so he doesn't go missing for days at a time again. We have tried to out a collar on Troyt but he gets them off so we gave up. He's a cat anyways. I've never put a collar on a cat before Trout. The old man named him "Kitty Kitty"

He went to the vet and found out he was fixed. Wouldn't that be your first clue that he had an owner? Also, he goes missing for days at a time and goes over there and isn't hungry. All pretty big clues if you ask me. But like I said, he's old and kind of losing it

Why wasn't there a collar on your cat in the first place? I believe in the cat world, the first person to collar the cat is the owner. Just curious, did the old man put a name on the collar?

did you own a plantation in the south at one point?

(Just kidding. Watched 12 years a slave last night and that comment reminded me of the movie)

Asking for serious cat related advice on this forum is kinda funny.

I wouldn't give him the cat, but it's obvious he needs some company so letting it visit him regularly seems fair. I'd also reimburse him for the money he spent or at least do something nice for him.

Hahaha I thought the same thing. hatas gonna h8

He went to the vet and found out he was fixed. Wouldn't that be your first clue that he had an owner? Also, he goes missing for days at a time and goes over there and isn't hungry. All pretty big clues if you ask me. But like I said, he's old and kind of losing it

Some people and organizations actually get stray cats fixed so they don't keep popping out kittens. A collar or getting your cat chipped is how someone knows a cat isn't a stray. Your cat going over there for weeks then leaving for weeks doesn't necessarily say he's not a stray so much as he's two timing you.