• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Padres, Rays Discussing Wil Myers Trade

Mark68

get in there jerry!

SDP get CJ wilson, cash from the halos and Myers

Tampa gets CJ Cron, Grant Green and prospects.  

Halos get Tyson Ross and Zobrist

;)

Damn, if that happened I'd have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours, right about until after the first pitch on opening day. 

Wil Myers is overhyped. 

I could see a Jess Hahn for Wil Myers trade though.

he may or may not be overhyped, that's kind of par for the course with top overall prospects and ROY winners, but the padres have a distinct lack of talent on the roster and a profound lack of interest by the fan base.

I don't see why the rays would trade myers. They don't seem to have a lot of OF depth. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are the rays looking to move Zobrist to the OF to make room for a prospect?

Edit: Jennings has actually been solid for the rays. Very well rounded.

I think Myers will be fine, too.

Edited by Poozy

Man, Rays look to be going full rebuild mode. Wish the Halos were able to net Zobrist in their Joyce deal somehow. Still wish they'd try and get Zobrist

Can have him and Calhoun at the top of the order, then put Joyce/Iannetta at the very bottom since they get on base at a solid clip. Should maximize the amount of runners on base for when Trout/Pujols come to bat

I think we're selling Wil Myers quite short.  He was hurt last year, and in his first season he was killing it.  A true middle of the order hitter at age 23.  He's heading into his age 25 season, with 5 more years of team control.  I really feel like this kid is going to be a consistent .280/.350 and 25+ HR type. 

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan  Â·  14m 14 minutes ago

Sense among those in the know is that while Padres-Rays deal involving Wil Myers is straight-up, players dealt could be on the move again.

Rumor is that the Mariners may be the 3rd team in this deal, with them ending up getting Wil Myers and trading Taijuan Walker to SD

M's have really sour'ed on Taijuan it seems. Especially after he weirdly asked to be excused from the AFL this year .... and his shoulder problems .... 

I would not mind one bit if we traded Taijuan and got Myers .... much better than getting Upton for Walker.

Latest rumor is that Seattle isn't the 3rd team though.

Edited by Ender