• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orioles reject Howie for Wei Yin Chen trade.

ukyah

Again, posters on here severely overestimate Howie's value

This 'rejection' from the O's has nothing to do with Howie's value. He's also a FA and Baltimore doesn't like their chances to keep him long-term, especially after seeing all of their FA bounce.

The O's could be looking for more club control in return for Chen.

Has nothing to do with our perceived view of Kendrick's value.

I think a top 10 player at any position is saying alot. Let alone top 5. Especially in the INF. 

And if you're talking clubhouse presence then yes I agree as well.

I think he's top 5 in MLB. Him and Aybar together account for one of the best DP teams I've seen in a while.

The only reason anyone would ever be down on Kendrick is if they listened to all the batting championship hype that was discussed during his tenure in the minors.

This 'rejection' from the O's has nothing to do with Howie's value. He's also a FA and Baltimore doesn't like their chances to keep him long-term, especially after seeing all of their FA bounce.

Outstanding post.

I'm thinking the rejection had something to do with Jonathan Schoop's value.

^^^^^^^^

Again, posters on here severely overestimate Howie's value

Howie's value to the Angels is higher than his trade value because we don't have a good backup second baseman to replace him. That and we'd have to split up a very good defensive double play combo (Aybar/Kendrick) to deal him.

Edited by ScottLux