• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's trade 3B Josh Donaldson to Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie, other pieces

bloodbrother

Weird trade ... doesn't make much sense but Beane knows his team better than anyone here. Josh is what everyone here dreams of getting for third base. A's are not in rebuilding mold like some here believe. It will be interesting to see what the A's look like to start the season. I get the feeling that Beane has many moves left this off season.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Weird trade ... doesn't make much sense but Beane knows his team better than anyone here. Josh is what everyone here dreams of getting for third base. A's are not in rebuilding mold like some here believe. It will be interesting to see what the A's look like to start the season. I get the feeling that Beane has many moves left this off season.

You dream of getting to third base with Josh Donaldson?

This was a deal for the A's in my opinion. Three ready pieces for Donaldson plus a power-hitting shortstop of the future. It was a good deal for the A's. The Jays certainly got back a good player for sure but Lawrie is no slouch on defense and Nolin has excellent Minor League peripherals. His K%-BB% is strong and he is ready to pitch. Graveman was spectacular in relief last year for the Jays. 1.08 SIERA?

News writers are claiming victory for the Jays but it was a good deal for the A's too.

This was a deal for the A's in my opinion. Three ready pieces for Donaldson plus a power-hitting shortstop of the future. It was a good deal for the A's. The Jays certainly got back a good player for sure but Lawrie is no slouch on defense and Nolin has excellent Minor League peripherals. His K%-BB% is strong and he is ready to pitch. Graveman was spectacular in relief last year for the Jays. 1.08 SIERA?

News writers are claiming victory for the Jays but it was a good deal for the A's too.

Short term: good for the Jays.

Long term: really good for the A's.

2 things..
#1, i guess we dont have to worry about the A's for a couple years...
#2, can we please stop acting like Beane is all that?  i mean this is just stupid

why do you trade one of the best 3B in the game when there are so few good ones?  unless everyone of these guys turns into a stud.. its a terrible deal

Lol don't blame Beane. Blame their ownership for giving him no financial flexibility at all. He can't keep Donaldson and Shark because he has to squeeze every ounce of value in return because he knows he can't re-sign them

It's not a bad trade and the A's are still a threat. They still have 5 above average starters. 

Edited by Butcher'd

"The trade was a win for the Jays, ESPN’s Keith Law writes (Insider-only). The deal netted Toronto “one of the best players in baseball for a package of prospects that doesn’t quite add up.” In particular, Law feels it’s a future-oriented deal for the A’s, but the two pitchers involved (Sean Nolinand Kendall Graveman) are only back-end starter types, and even though the A’s have a good record getting value out of such players, it will be hard Nolin, Graveman, Brett Lawrie and Franklin Barreto to produce enough value to compensate for four years of control of a great player."

^^^^^