• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I really disagree on the Scioscia hate

You're saying the Orioles offense didn't have more than one bad game in a row all season? Two of their last games were to losses to Toronto where they only scored one run. Before that they also split a series with the Yankees who shut the out 5-0.

They had practically the same let down in their offense as the Angels did after clinching. Otherwise they would have caught up to our record.

That's ALL this has been. 2 bad games in a row. If it turns into 3 then season over, we all start watching more football... but let's be realistic and not act like the 2014 Angels are the worst team in the history of the game.

Don't stop AO, he's on a roll.

My take on this is winning the division as soon as the Angels did took its toll.  It was a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" by sitting the players and starting a bunch of AAA guys.  They got their break to become refreshed, but in Seattle the offense was flat - four more days off - and now really flat.  The MOTO is terrible.  

On the other side of the coin are the Royals and maybe even the Giants.  They struggled to get to the wild card game and have not lost their edge.  Once again it is the hot teams that advance.

I agree with Scioscia in that the only way you get Hamilton back to hitting is playing in games not simulated games and BP.  But is the post season the time to do that?  Nope - he should sit until next spring and try it then.

The difference right now is confidence.  The Royals and their fans looked pretty down before their comeback in the wild card game.  Their come from behind win (I am assuming that they have not had too many) made them feel like a team of destiny and they are playing like it.  While the Angels are going through two games where they can't do anything right.  They can't hit, but for the most part are getting good pitching with the Royals taking advantage of the few mistakes they make.  But, they could have won either one of those games with an extra hit or two. 

It is truely remarkable how well Shoemaker pitched after his injury and it has barely been mentioned because the lack of hitting that has been behing the losses.  I still think things can turn around in a hurry...even in a win or go home game. 

Edited by Palomar

My take on this is winning the division as soon as the Angels did took its toll.  It was a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" by sitting the players and starting a bunch of AAA guys.  They got their break to become refreshed, but in Seattle the offense was flat - four more days off - and now really flat.  The MOTO is terrible.  

On the other side of the coin are the Royals and maybe even the Giants.  They struggled to get to the wild card game and have not lost their edge.  Once again it is the hot teams that advance.

I agree with Scioscia in that the only way you get Hamilton back to hitting is playing in games not simulated games and BP.  But is the post season the time to do that?  Nope - he should sit until next spring and try it then.

Yep. Now wasn't the time to have him work out the kinks. Sure, when he's going good he's probably a better option than NAvarro/Cowgill...but he had missed the better part of the last month. He took too long to return and the team moved on. He had no business being on the roster. He just missed too much time and couldn't get any AB's in at the end of the regular season when things were already wrapped up

Should have been seeing Cowgill in LF and Tony Campana on the roster with Josh left off of it. Things may be different right now. Does Cowgill make that catch in Game 1 that Josh missed? Does Campana get into 3B tagging up from 2B last night instead of it being Cowgill running?

Edited by bloodbrother

I don't blame Scioscia. The entire team has stopped hitting. He is trying to manufacture runs with a lineup not structured for that. I don't see that Scioscia has failed us at all.

So why didn't he have Conger bunt for Iannetta to get Cowgil to third with KC and Trout coming up ?

Cowgill catches the RBI double that went over the lollygagging Hamilton in Game 1.  Now, the series is tied at 1 apiece.

Trout losing a ball in the lights...   Calhoun allowing the runner to advance on a bobble..     If not for those three plays the Angels win close one run games instead of losing extra inning affairs.   The offense has tanked, the defense has been worse.  Meanwhile, KC has played flawless defense....

Why pinch hit for ianetta when he is the better hitter?

Because he has not bunted once this year .

Man on second base with no out .

Next hitter has multiple hits both nights and just needs a sac fly or groundout.

We take the run to the 9th with Street already warming up.

I saw Conger sac bunt twice successfully this year .

I don't have exact stats but I believe Ianetta has thrown out 50% of those attempting to steal against him and Conger is around 30%. So yeah smart ass he is so much better.

You do know, Conger was just going to play one inning if Cowgil scored . And at third base with one out, with KC and Trout coming up, that was very possible.