• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia?

Wow! Even Terry Smith just pointed out that the Angels will now be 6-17 in their last 23 post season games

So.....bad luck? Or just a complete lack of preparedness?

Probably a bit of both, but that's unacceptable. The "playoffs are a crapshoot" is not a relevant argument when they keep rolling the die off the table.

Edited by tdawg87

No, we have a system and I complete all work assigned without any problems.

I'm low maintenance.

I bet you're guy who argues assignment and lawyers his way out of work all the time.

Not at all. But if you want to fire Baylor after scoring the most runs in baseball this year because of how the offense performed over the last few games, well you are insane or you like to put blame on leadership instead of the people who aren't performing.

No, we have a system and I complete all work assigned without any problems.

I'm low maintenance.

I bet you're guy who argues assignment and lawyers his way out of work all the time.

Well you couldn't complete an insult post without an edit, so forgive us if we remain skeptical.

Many point to the offense sucking as the reason we are about to get swept.

The Angels' offense has pretty much sucked in every postseason since 02. 

The three constants in all of the playoff appearances are:

1) Crappy offense showing

2) Boneheaded mistakes

3) Lack of energy and attitude

Rosters change significantly every year but the same problems exist.

You got to start looking at the fixtures on this team and asking what effect they have on the repeated poor showings. 

I say we try our luck with another manager and batting coach.

Oh yeah, your vote is important Joey, go ahead and mail it in to:  Santa Claus, 1 North Pole, Northwest Territories 99999.  Maybe Santa will give you a new stuffed bear to tear apart with your neck knife.

The happenings of this series are completely un-related to prior playoff failures.  Its hard to win, and the Royals have been extremely good in this series. Shitty break for us, but it is what it is.  I really don't understand the arguments that this would have gone down differently with a different manager.  The Royals have executed no less then 6 incredible run stealng plays in this series that have literally won the games for them.  They have also gotten their hits in fortuitous situations.  We have failed at an almost unbelievable rate in comparison.  To blame Scoscia for that is just to do so for the sake of doing it.  It always convenient to just blame the manager.  Do i agree with all the decisions he makes, absolutely not.  That said, he did an incredible job handling a team with a whole lot of adversity down the stretch.  This team could have easily collapsed with Richards going down, they did not and he deserves credit for that.  He really did a great job managing the pitchers.  I can't emphasis that enough.  I might be a moron, but I have complete confidence that Mike Scoscia is still a championship caliber manager.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

He started Wilson in Game 3. Of course he should be fired but not just because of that horrible decision.

Its also just plain time for a CHANGE at the manager position.

Trade for Francona to be the next manager, the Cleveland Indians aint going to be in the playoffs next year anyways.

Just like the  Kansas City team that was not going to be in the playoffs this year.

So.....bad luck? Or just a complete lack of preparedness?

Probably a bit of both, but that's unacceptable. The "playoffs are a crapshoot" is not a relevant argument when they keep rolling the die off the table.

What he said.

Why also do his teams almost always stumble out of the gate, whether to start the season, after the ASB, or the post-season?

That ain't a one year wonder. It's been going on mostly since the mid 2000s.

His teams play well generally after an adjustment period. The problem is, you don't get much if ANY time to adjust in October!

Edited by Angel Oracle