• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread - Angels vs. Astros - 9/12/14

Ray McKigney

what's kind of crazy right now is this stat.

tonight's win will be number 92 for us.

if the Halos go 8-7 the rest of the way -- we win 100 games.

if it's 7-8, we win 99.

the way we're playing right now, chances are we go more like 9-6 (at a minimum) the rest of the way which means 101 wins and probably closer to 104.

Jeez, this guy is going to be a stud. 100 MPH with a wipeout slider at 88...holy crap be patient with this kid please...let him figure it out

Yeah, he's got the best raw stuff I've seen from anybody in the pen. Numbers in the minors dont match the stuff just yet though. Luckily, with this pen, they can afford to be patient with him.

this may be McDonald's last season -- to me, he's done a great job for us this season -- I wasn't sure why we even invited him to ST and he's sure proven me wrong and his value to this club IMO.

hey, is Grant Green still on the DL or something??

I thought he did a good job for us, too - but he's really sort of disappeared......

They should find a way to sneak that kid onto the playoff roster. 2nd and 3rd in need of a strikeout I want him on the mound.

with our starters, there is a good chance that in the playoffs Scioscia will tell everyone (other than shoe) to go all out for 5 and then turn it over to the BP.  There is no way we can take a guy like that on the roster.  

1995 Halos would have won the second wild card spot --

yeah, but would have that one game playoff been any better than the debacle of a one game tie-breaker match up at the Kingdome in Seattle???

I think the score was 7 to 0 in the second inning.......

if you recall, the Halos battled back to win the final three games of the season to force a one game playoff up in Seattle.

high hopes got dashed pretty quickly when we were pretty much out of the game FAST.

1995 Halos would have won the second wild card spot --

yeah, but would have that one game playoff been any better than the debacle of a one game tie-breaker match up at the Kingdome in Seattle???

I think the score was 7 to 0 in the second inning.......

if you recall, the Halos battled back to win the final three games of the season to force a one game playoff up in Seattle.

high hopes got dashed pretty quickly when we were pretty much out of the game FAST.

That was with Langston starting, did he ever win a big game for us?

yeah, Langston start -- against the M's at the terrible place to play baseball known as the Kingdome.

that was a truly a terrible day in Halos history.......

I can still remember his throw to first sailing over the head of the firstbaseman and down the line........it seemed like 5 runs scored on the play !! LOL!! might as well have been five runs.

we were never in the game........