• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels call up RP-Jairo Diaz

Ochocinco!

If Diaz and Bedrosian learn some good control they'll be solid pieces in our future bullpens.

If Diaz and Bedrosian learn some good control they'll be solid pieces in our future bullpens.

Which was one reason they felt like the could give up Alvarez in the Street trade....

Mark Sappington was a complete beast after moving to the pen.  They have a ton of guys who could be sick bullpen guys.   

Mark Sappington has been sensational since being demoted to the pen. He's an interesting future piece. Bedrosian and Diaz are starting to make noise, shortly behind them are Gott, Sappington, and Reynolds. Spomer and Mahle are two other guys to keep eyes on. Mahle looks like a solid future lefty reliever. I think Gott gets the next chance to prove himself though. He's "Gott" this hehe 

only 2 of the 4 were position players. 

the other 2 were pitchers 

The guy I was most sad to see go was actually Elliot Morris.   Gott was a younger poor man's version of Alvarez... that made his inclusion a bit easier to swallow.  It was great seeing his numbers improve when he joined Arkansas.   I think adding Vinnie Pestano was an underrated move too.  He likely slides into Grilli's spot should he bolt as a FA.   Whatever people think of the trade and the cost, Dipoto deserves credit for having done a decent job of covering his bases.  He's got a couple years to get a SS in place and even if he doesn't, Aybar will only be 33 in 2017.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Mark Sappington has been sensational since being demoted to the pen. He's an interesting future piece. Bedrosian and Diaz are starting to make noise, shortly behind them are Gott, Sappington, and Reynolds. Spomer and Mahle are two other guys to keep eyes on. Mahle looks like a solid future lefty reliever. I think Gott gets the next chance to prove himself though. He's "Gott" this hehe 

Sappington's 49/10 Ks/BBs as a reliever in 32 innings is a farrrrr cry from his ratio as a starter. 

Outside of one bad outing early in his relief conversion (1 inning, 4 runs, 2 HRs), his reliever ERA is 2.30 and WHIP is under 1.00.