• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Poll

Which most accurately describes you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which most accurately describes you?

• Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I no longer support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and I no longer support him.
    • Never voted for Obama and never supported him.
    • Other

I could have voted for McCain in 2008 were it not for two things: Dogged adherence to the policies of the previous administration with no discernible changes, and picking Sarah Palin as a running mate (which in reality was nothing more than a lame attempt to try to woo disaffected Hillary voters from the Democratic side). Apparently some within the GOP believed that women would vote for another woman, no matter how inexperienced or idiotic she was.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I could have voted for McCain in 2008 were it not for two things: Dogged adherence to the policies of the previous administration with no discernible changes, and picking Sarah Palin as a running mate (which in reality was nothing more than a lame attempt to try to woo disaffected Hillary voters from the Democratic side). Apparently some within the GOP believed that women would vote for another woman, no matter how inexperienced or idiotic she was.

Regarding the Palin comments, thats exactly what the Dems are counting on in 16 with Hillary as she is far less experienced than even Palin was.

Hillary is far less experienced than Palin?????  What?

Palin is the biggest joke of the last decade.  McCain's campaign felt they needed to go with her for two reasons.  1) She was a woman.  2) she is a neo con nut job.

The thing that I really liked about McCain pre presidential run is he almost didn't give a **** about politics.  He truly seemed to only care about getting shit done he believed in.

I don't think we need a president that doesn't care about other countries.  We need a pres that doesn't give a shit about politics and party bullshit.  That of course will never happen.

Hillary is far less experienced than Palin?????  What?

Palin is the biggest joke of the last decade.  McCain's campaign felt they needed to go with her for two reasons.  1) She was a woman.  2) she is a neo con nut job.

The thing that I really liked about McCain pre presidential run is he almost didn't give a **** about politics.  He truly seemed to only care about getting shit done he believed in.

I don't think we need a president that doesn't care about other countries.  We need a pres that doesn't give a shit about politics and party bullshit.  That of course will never happen.

A ruse...

no, i was not a Palin supporter as i already said who i voted for in that election, but please dont let the facts get in your way.

As far as Palin versus Hillary though, Palin had a record of holding office, mostly successfully, and did the job well enough to get that nod as VP, whether you agree with her or not, she at least had a presentable resume.  She wasnt a great candidate for most people, but she at least could point to something as a qualification.

Aside from Hillary sleeping in the white house as first lady and doing a terrible job as Sec State, please, enlighten me as to her long list of qualifications cause i dont see them at all?   Did any of the worls leaders actually respect her or give a damn about her?  would they as president?  Does she have any economic experience?  anything... anything at all, to suggest she would win on the basis of merit and not genitalia?

I'm all for breaking the gender barrier, no issues with it, but doing so for no reason other than doing so is a joke, and it has to be the right woman.  Hillary is not that woman. 

Secretary of State is a far higher office in government than governor of Alaska for one thing.  She also was the Jr Senator from NY from 2001-2009.

Perhaps true, but governor is the leader, sec state implements someone elses policy... and yeah, the junior senator thing, please list her accomplishments/achievements that were her own in this case?

Seriously, im not being wholly sarcastic, im looking for nay reason to not be terrified of this woman in our highest office as from all i can see this is a disaster waiting to happen and also an inevitability.

Many of our US Presidents were never Governors.

And as Secretary of State you get valuable foreign policy experience.

I am no Hillary supporter but I would rather have her than Palin, by a mile.

true, never said otherwise, but the ye generally have more to count on.

valuable if you are effective, whether or not she was is highly debatable.

in any event the question isnt palin versus hillary, its hillary versus whoever the reps run, and in that case she will win by default and it wont be due to qualifications, but party and gender.

As far as Palin versus Hillary though, Palin had a record of holding office, mostly successfully, and did the job well enough to get that nod as VP, whether you agree with her or not, she at least had a presentable resume.  She wasnt a great candidate for most people, but she at least could point to something as a qualification.

Palin lost all credibility with one of the most amazing skits ever done by SNL. there was no way she could ever recover from that, regardless of her record or accomplishments. 

Palin lost all credibility with one of the most amazing skits ever done by SNL. there was no way she could ever recover from that, regardless of her record or accomplishments. 

because SNL should have that kind of effect on people, amirite?

personally i disagree, that skit did nothing unless you already hated her and lets be honest it was fashionable to hate Bush and anything Rep then more than it is now.  

You really think that skit affected anyone that was on the fence?  Or that Biden hasnt had at least as many WTF moments as Palin?

I can't believe you are defending her.  She is a total nut job.

Just look at the reality shows.

Please, read carefully.. i am NOT defending her, at all. 

At no time have i defended anything about her in this thread aside from the fact that she did at least have a resume for the job, and the fact that Biden isnt exactly Mensa in comparison.

and reality shows.. really?  you think those are actually real?

lol

You're actually probably right. There are probably less than 3 things I'd see eye to eye with him on, but at least he's different. 

And while he works with both Republicans and Democrats on issues, both parties pretty much hates him (because he's different)

Edited by TobiasFunke