• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Poll

Which most accurately describes you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which most accurately describes you?

• Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I no longer support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and I no longer support him.
    • Never voted for Obama and never supported him.
    • Other

Hillary has more experience than Obama has...

That was my point.  IL and NY are high population states at least.

Scary, but possibly true in some ways.

The bottom line to me is that she has done literally nothing aside from being born female to justify the hype she gets.  Her time in NY was uneventful, her time as Sec State has been less than positive, and she really has nothing on her resume to point to as real ability to do the job.

As i said, i hope your comments about here not getting the nod are true. 

What types of events would you have liked her time as Senator of NY to include for you to feel she was qualified? WTF does uneventful even mean? In what context are we speaking?

Being a Senator of NY during the 9/11 attacks and helping lead the nation's response domestically within her own state and international to other countries is uneventful?

Edited by HaloMagic

qualified is meaningless.

She would be a bad choice because of who she is, not because of her qualifications or lack thereof.

Agreed. I don't think she would be good because she would do practically the opposite of what I'd want my president to do. But I believe she'd be good at earning my ire. Edited by HaloMagic

Agreed. I don't think she would be good because she would do practically the opposite odd what is want my president to do. But I believe she'd be good at earning my ire.

Go home, you're drunk.

In all seriousness she makes Obama look like Rush Limbaugh.  That is why I don't want her.

because SNL should have that kind of effect on people, amirite?

personally i disagree, that skit did nothing unless you already hated her and lets be honest it was fashionable to hate Bush and anything Rep then more than it is now.  

You really think that skit affected anyone that was on the fence?  Or that Biden hasnt had at least as many WTF moments as Palin?

i think it affected people who didn't know much about her yet and were looking for an honest discussion about her strengths and weaknesses. they portrayed her as a total airhead, and that comment was on everyone's lips for weeks. it gave her opponents a louder talking point, too. it was equivalent to dan quayle spelling potato wrong.

Running a campaign is not the same as doing the job.. no way, no how.  Nor is sleeping with the man who does.

Yes, she was Sec State, but her performance on that job is highly open to debate as to whether it was good or bad, aside from holding the position its easy to debate that as a positive or negative.

You can see these as qualifications if you like, but the reality is that she's getting the nod for no reason beyond her gender and visibility.

This has beenthe Dem roadmap for almost a decade now.. why do you think she bowed out?  backroom promised being kept.. they kept her relevant for exactly this reason, when what they should be doing is looking for a better woman to run.

She will likely get the nod, and she will win regardless as noone will vote Rep and rightfully so really... but that doesn't make her a good candidate, the right candidate, or anything other than political capital.

you, sir, may carve these words into stone as this is the perfect summation. 

Hillary Clinton is better qualified than Obama was but that's not a very good standard to use given what we've seen from Obama.

On paper Hillary might be the favorite right now but it will be a long and brutal campaign.  I'm wondering if she has the energy.  She also carries a lot of baggage including a disastrous tenure as SecState.  Obviously the media have anointed her as the heir apparent and she's trying to distance herself from Obama's record now but we'll just have to see how it plays out.

hillary-what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

Edited by Jay

Hillary Clinton is better qualified than Obama was but that's not a very good standard to use given what we've seen from Obama.

On paper Hillary might be the favorite right now but it will be a long and brutal campaign.  I'm wondering if she has the energy.  She also carries a lot of baggage including a disastrous tenure as SecState.  Obviously the media have anointed her as the heir apparent and she's trying to distance herself from Obama's record now but we'll just have to see how it plays out.

hillary-what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

id like to know why her and the administration were all over Ferguson, but have said nothing about Salt Lake or Memphis more than i care about Benghazi to be honest

The exact quote was...

Regarding the Palin comments, thats exactly what the Dems are counting on in 16 with Hillary as she is far less experienced than even Palin was.

Then came the argument about Clinton's performance as Secretary of State - which wasn't the topic. The issue was experience, not one's assessment of the quality of that experience. The statement was made that Clinton is less experienced than Palin. Other than at being a bimbo, I don't see how anyone can advance that argument. At all. Clinton has been a U. S. Senator and held a cabinet position for several years. She was directly involved in matters of international diplomacy. Palin was mayor of a backwater town in Alaska and served less than three years of one term as Governor of one of the least populated states in the country. I can't imagine what issues she has ever faced (other than perhaps her "trade missions to Russia" that occurred only in her tiny mind) that would have even remote relevance to running the country.

I'm not championing Hillary for president, but I'm not advancing ridiculous arguments about it either.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

As you say.. 5th, meaning 4 other people are telling her what to do.

im not putting the office of sec State down, but lets be honest... she wasnt setting policy or making most of those policy decisions... the few she did, such as the ever popular B word, blew up in her face.

You can say that trumps it , but that's opinion, not fact.. we've had many many presidents who were governors. How many that were Sec State? ill answer it for you, almost 3 times as many former governors as Sec State:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States,_sortable_by_previous_experience

Look im not trying to say Palin was a good choice, she wasn't.. but Hillary isn't either is my point. Palin was never going for the Oval office, only the kids table... Hillary wants the brass ring, and that scares me

Thing I've learned today:

Kerry is Boehner and Leahy's bitch.

Hilary made on statement on Ferguson a week after it happened.

Trayvon Martin was the Florida hoodie thing.

Either way, Dems will do whatever they can to keep minorities and women happy because that is the majority of their voter base.

which is basically the point... why has she said nothing about the incidents where the roles were reversed?  does this administration not represent all Americans

She isn't in office now.

no, but she will be as long as everyone looks at the "D" over the name next to it.

Plus, lets be honest... the Dems got the first African American in office, a man that was arguably highly under prepared, but it didnt matter as he got the demographic vote.  It didnt matter much to many what he said or did, it was about his race to many.

Hillary will get the same nod from the women, and the Dems want this on their resume for more political capital.  There is no other woman in the party that relevant or ready enough, and they aren't really even talking anyone else up at this point so, while you are correct, it seems a formality right now.

Bottom line IF the Dems run Hillary, they will get all the female vote, the minority vote, all the immigration related vote.. pretty much anything not related to the rich white male vote.  she will win in a landslide.

The sad part to this is this it isnt about platform, policy, achievements, qualifications, or anything else other than female, democrat, and immigration.. the rest doesnt mean a thing to getting her in that office.  Unlss she goes Palin during the elections, the rest wont mean a thing.

As i have said before..i pray im wrong as i feel she will be the worst thing this country could have happen to it right now, but if you think im wrong please, offer up any viable alternative

I think the thing that bothers me the most about her is the overall message she sends, that its ok to accept her husbands actions as long as it furthers your political goals.  as a father of 2 daughters i find her reprehensible on this level.

Palin has said loads of stupid shit since she wasn't in office.  Why don't we hold the R next to her name?

You know why Hilary is considered for the presidency and Palin is nothing more than a mouth piece for the TEA party?  Because Palin is a total nut jub, she is a parody.

Hilary is a super liberal democrat with a lot of political capital.