• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Poll

Which most accurately describes you?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which most accurately describes you?

• Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2012 and I still support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and I no longer support him.
    • Voted for Obama in 2008 and I no longer support him.
    • Never voted for Obama and never supported him.
    • Other

Voted for him in 08.  It was a huge mistake.  I voted for him mainly because I was tired of the war in the Middle East.  If I had known Obama wouldn't do shit about it I would have voted McCain.  McCain would have been a much better president.  Obama is historically bad.  Worse than Bush IMO.

I voted for him in 2008 because he was charismatic and I thought maybe he would be a much needed breath of fresh air...basically I bought into the hype.  Didn't make that mistake in 2012 and I think he's been a horrible president and has done the impossible which is a crappier job than his predecessor.   

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I voted for Obama twice because I really didn't like the alternatives. From his post-nomination statements John McCain seemed like four more years of Bush, plus his election would have put Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin a heartbeat away from being President. With McCain's age and history of health problems, that was a genuine consideration IMO. I have neighbors who are more qualified to hold the office. Hell, I am.

In 2012 I was definitely on the fence. I waited patiently for Mitt Romney to tell me something - anything - that would have given me a reason to vote for him. Instead, he talked about all the things he wouldn't do (basically anything that the current administration had done - never mind that some of it is continued Bush policies) and damned little about what he would do if elected. The specifics I did hear were sobering. He planned to add 100,000 troops to the US military (which there was no reason to do unless he immediately planned to start another war or escalate one or both of the two we were already in - after all, they have gone really well), and he planned to give the military a fixed percentage portion of the federal budget. There would have been no incentive for them to economize or prioritize what they were purchasing. IMO pouring billions into major defense contractors' pockets may have been the end goal. The Romneys were also very far removed from the reality that the rest of us live. While I fully understand that poor men don't run for national office, somehow I had trouble identifying with someone who took a tax deduction for his hobby of riding horses than greatly exceeded the annual income for most American families. His statement that he used his wife (who was just as far removed from the lifestyle most of us live) as his advisor on women's affairs was laughable. She did oversee the servants, though, so maybe I shouldn't have dismissed her so quickly.

My satisfaction with my two votes has been a mixed bag. Given the choices that I had in 2008 and 2012, I would make the same vote again. I believe that President Obama could have accomplished a great deal more had the Republican Congress been more interested in doing things for the good of the people and less interested in discrediting the President and making sure that very little good happened during his watch. I certainly would never expect them to rubber stamp whatever he wanted, but on many issues they drew a line in the sand and refused to negotiate or compromise.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I believe that President Obama could have accomplished a great deal more had the Republican Congress been more interested in doing things for the good of the people and less interested in discrediting the President and making sure that very little good happened during his watch. I certainly would never expect them to rubber stamp whatever he wanted, but on many issues they drew a line in the sand and refused to negotiate or compromise.

i agree on this point. i think boehner and his approach has been equally as terrible as obama's lack of transparency and increased spying on his own citizens.

I voted for Obama twice because I really didn't like the alternatives. From his post-nomination statements John McCain seemed like four more years of Bush, plus his election would have put Sarah "I can see Russia from my house" Palin a heartbeat away from being President. With McCain's age and history of health problems, that was a genuine consideration IMO. I have neighbors who are more qualified to hold the office. Hell, I am.

In 2012 I was definitely on the fence. I waited patiently for Mitt Romney to tell me something - anything - that would have given me a reason to vote for him. Instead, he talked about all the things he wouldn't do (basically anything that the current administration had done - never mind that some of it is continued Bush policies) and damned little about what he would do if elected. The specifics I did hear were sobering. He planned to add 100,000 troops to the US military (which there was no reason to do unless he immediately planned to start another war or escalate one or both of the two we were already in - after all, they have gone really well), and he planned to give the military a fixed percentage portion of the federal budget. There would have been no incentive for them to economize or prioritize what they were purchasing. IMO pouring billions into major defense contractors' pockets may have been the end goal. The Romneys were also very far removed from the reality that the rest of us live. While I fully understand that poor men don't run for national office, somehow I had trouble identifying with someone who took a tax deduction for his hobby of riding horses than greatly exceeded the annual income for most American families. His statement that he used his wife (who was just as far removed from the lifestyle most of us live) as his advisor on women's affairs was laughable. She did oversee the servants, though, so maybe I shouldn't have dismissed her so quickly.

My satisfaction with my two votes has been a mixed bag. Given the choices that I had in 2008 and 2012, I would make the same vote again. I believe that President Obama could have accomplished a great deal more had the Republican Congress been more interested in doing things for the good of the people and less interested in discrediting the President and making sure that very little good happened during his watch. I certainly would never expect them to rubber stamp whatever he wanted, but on many issues they drew a line in the sand and refused to negotiate or compromise.

This is not comforting:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-gets-caught-trying-spin-120303090.html

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12869900/1/ouch-the-bill-for-obamacare-coming-due.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Never voted for him, but I support him.

Support in the sense that I pull for him to make good decisions and be a good leader. I think he's far too caught up in being a celebrity, which impacts his ability to lead. I think he is way too confident - a product of the collective felatio he received worldwide in 2008. 

I am disappointed in him. I thought at the very least he'd have put his balls out there as a leader. He's kind of a big pussy. 

Voted for him and "change" in '08, did not in '12 as he changed nothing in his first term.  his second term in my mind has been one of the worst in recent administrations with far too many abuses, not enough accountability, and little more than trying to stamp the Dem ticket for Hillary in '16.

Who by the way i will also not be voting for as she would be the worst choice in history and is only even being considered because she is a woman and they cant find a better one. Completely unqualified by any measure, and has failed at the few shes had to deal with as Sec State and deflected blame instead of stepping up.

Never voted for him, but I support him.

Support in the sense that I pull for him to make good decisions and be a good leader. I think he's far too caught up in being a celebrity, which impacts his ability to lead. I think he is way too confident - a product of the collective felatio he received worldwide in 2008. 

I am disappointed in him. I thought at the very least he'd have put his balls out there as a leader. He's kind of a big pussy. 

Kinda my exact thoughts except for I voted for him in both elections

Voted for him and "change" in '08, did not in '12 as he changed nothing in his first term.  his second term in my mind has been one of the worst in recent administrations with far too many abuses, not enough accountability, and little more than trying to stamp the Dem ticket for Hillary in '16.

Who by the way i will also not be voting for as she would be the worst choice in history and is only even being considered because she is a woman and they cant find a better one. Completely unqualified by any measure, and has failed at the few shes had to deal with as Sec State and deflected blame instead of stepping up.

agreed on all counts.  she's going to be every bit as horrible as barry has been but she'll get elected because now that the country has broken through the color barrier, it's time to break through the gender barrier.

The U.S. needs a total asshole to be president for a while.  A person who doesn't even pretend to care what other countries think.

Like a Dick Cheney but younger and a soul.

i thought that could have been mccain back in 2000, or maybe guiliani. i thought guiliani would have been a terrific president because he was already a good leader. sadly, he screwed up his campaign by not taking it seriously.